Article by Angie Webster
Reiki is not just something I practice on myself to stay well or on others to assist them in their well being. Reiki is an integral part of my life. It is something I acknowledge throughout my day, from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep at night. I see it as a vast and living energy that connects me, in a very real way that I can feel, to my Higher Power. I ask the Reiki energy to assist me, for the greatest and highest good, in most everything I do throughout my day. I understand it as a critical part of my spiritual path.
Here are some ways you can incorporate Reiki into your day. Use your creativity to see what other ways you can think of to invite this beautiful energy into your life.
2. Send Reiki to your food as you make breakfast (or any meal) and also bless it as you sit down to eat the meal. You can send Reiki to your groceries when you harvest them from the garden or buy them at the store as well.
4. When you leave for the day, take a moment to send Reiki to your car and to the trip ahead. You can also send Reiki to the destination you are headed to and to any situation you will be arriving into.
5. Incorporate Reiki into any spiritual practices you have throughout the day, contemplating ways that this life force energy surrounds and interconnects us all. Think of how this understanding might affect your spiritual practices of compassion, kindness, forgiveness and gratitude.
6. Most animals very much enjoy Reiki! It is often preferred from a distance, though your own pets may love it hands on. You can also treat their food, water, bedding and toys with Reiki.
7. If you have houseplants, cut flowers or a garden, honor and nourish them as they honor you. Give them an energy exchange by offering them Reiki! It is also useful to treat their soil and water with Reiki.
9. If you are having a difficult time or a conflict in a relationship, you can send Reiki to the situation and to yourself to help ease the difficult emotions and bring about a resolution to the issue.
10. At the end of the day, you can send Reiki to your final prayers and to your sleep, asking that you be shown the resolution to any issues you are struggling with as you sleep.
Remember the Reiki precepts each day and practice using Reiki in as many ways as you can think of and you will soon find that it becomes a part of you. Your spiritual practice and Reiki will be intertwined and your life will be a spiritual practice. That doesn’t mean you will be perfect, but you will see how to honor life and yourself in more ways all the time.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Angie Webster is a Reiki Master, Teacher, and Author. Angie’s primary focus is animal Reiki, which she adores. She teaches online classes on energy healing, flower essences, herbalism, and personal growth. Angie often works with nature healing and Earth healing, hoping to better understand our connection with Mother Earth. Angie is the author of Animal Reiki: How it Heals, Teaches & Reconnects Us with Nature and Reiki from A to Z. You can follow her at: angie-webster-healing.teachable.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/angiewebsterhealing).