One of the biggest things I see as a comment from other Reiki practitioners is that they can’t find time to do daily self Reiki. Some say they don’t do self Reiki at all because they don’t have time. Schedules are demanding, for sure. So I wanted to make a list of 10 ways that might spark the imagination and get folks thinking of creative ways to fit the wonderful gift of self Reiki into their day, if only for a minute or two here and there. It makes such a difference!
1. Do self Reiki as you fall asleep at night. No need to make it complicated. Simply place your hands wherever you feel led to that night and ask Reiki to flow. Allow yourself to drift off to sleep like this. Not only do many people find this a simple way to fit Reiki into their day, it is an amazing way to fall asleep!
2. Set an alarm to do self Reiki for a few minutes when you first wake up in the morning. Some people find they are more able to fit this in and it is a refreshing and relaxing way to start the day. You could make it part of a meditation routine, if you have one.
3. Give yourself Reiki as you browse the internet.
4. Watching TV or a movie is a very good time to do self Reiki. Take advantage of the fact that you are sitting still and relaxing to increase the relaxation.
5. While you are waiting in line. Waiting in lines challenges our patience. So take the opportunity to strengthen yourself. Any line works. The bank, the take out place, a long line in traffic. Just one hand placed discreetly on yourself keeps you calm and gives you a dose of self Reiki.
6. One of my personal favorites is while cuddling with someone. I place on hand on the person I am cuddling and one hand on myself and let the Reiki flow. We make a big Reiki healing loop and everyone benefits.
7. Place one hand over each chakra for 3-5 deep breaths as you let Reiki flow. Do this as often as you have time.
8. If you find you have no free hands and you still want to do a bit of self Reiki, you can simply ask Reiki to flow into you! If you are attuned, Reiki is already flowing through you. Ask for it to flow and notice how you feel in the top of your head, your heart and your hands and feet.You may not always notice much, but very often you will feel tingling and warmth in these areas.
9. Give yourself Reiki while you read! Whether it’s a great story, a magazine, a textbook, or something online(even this article–hint, hint!),while you’re reading is a great time to place a hand on yourself for Reiki.
10. While outdoors in nature. This is a favorite time for me to take self Reiki. There are many ways to do it. Ask Reiki to flow as you walk. Sit under a tree and give yourself Reiki or simply ask it to flow. You may feel the energy of the tree, as well. Lay on the ground and do self Reiki, if you have time. I highly recommend doing this at least once. It is an amazing experience. Highly grounding and full of wonderful energy. Very healing.
Remember, the effects of Reiki are cumulative and its effects are often subtle! You have to keep doing it to see the biggest results, but the results are amazing in the long haul!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Angie Webster is a Reiki Master Teacher and author. Angie’s primary focus is animal Reiki, which she adores. She also teaches classes and workshops about Reiki and spiritual growth. She works often with nature healing and Earth healing, hoping to better understand our connection with Mother Earth. Angie is the author of Infinite Reiki, Infinite Healing: How Energy Medicine Healed my Life and What It Can do for Yours. Reiki and a healthy lifestyle contributed to her healing after a 20-year struggle with neurological and chronic pain issues. She comes out the other side with a new perspective on life and now seeks to empower others, guiding them back to their own innate healing abilities. You can follow her at: angie-webster-healing.thinkific.com, https://www.facebook.com/HolisticSpirituality, http://www.serenityenergyhealing.com/