Article by Angie Webster
The very first time we get attuned to our first level of Reiki, we are told that we need to begin doing Reiki self treatments daily. Daily life is often hectic and it can be easy to lose track of why it is so important to do self Reiki every day. However, it is of great benefit to us to make this a practice, for many reasons. We can even make it a practice to find unique and interesting ways to fit in a bit of Reiki as we go through our day, making our self practice our own.
Remember, even if you only have time for a little Reiki, it is still good. A little is better than none! And keep in mind that it needn’t be a complex process. You can simply place even one free hand on yourself, on any part of your body, and ask Reiki to flow. No need focus or direct it. Reiki will flow where it is needed.
Reasons That Daily Self Reiki is Important
- During the 21 day healing cleanse after an attunement at any level, most practitioners experience some type of physical or emotional healing crisis. Doing daily self Reiki can ease the process and ease the transition.
- Doing self-Reiki allows you to become more and more aware of the Reiki energy and the many ways it works, as well as allowing you to understand better how Reiki works in and through you as a practitioner. Thus, it refines your attunement to the energy. You can’t be an expert at something unless you work with it regularly and understand it on a very deep level!
- The more you allow Reiki to flow through you via self Reiki, the more healing you will allow Reiki to bring to you. Even if you only came to the Reiki path to heal others, you must be aware that healing others begins with healing yourself.
- The longer you do self Reiki on a regular basis, the more you learn about yourself and your personal growth will expand. You begin to understand yourself in new ways, physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. This begins to apply to others and the world around you.
- You will be more focused and stress will have less of an effect on you. One of the biggest things Reiki can do for you is reduce your stress level.
Reiki works on a very subtle level. Because of this, there are many ways you will not even notice that Reiki is having an effect on your life at first, even if you are very aware of its presence and its power. Those subtle effects only make themselves apparent over time. It may soon feel as though problems are not as big as they once were or that the solutions simply come more easily. Sometimes the solutions may seem to come about ways that defy explanation. Finding the time for even a few minutes of Reiki here and there each day will make a huge difference in your life and in your understanding of Reiki.
Angie Webster is a Reiki Master, Teacher, and Author. Angie’s primary focus is animal Reiki, which she adores. She teaches online classes on energy healing, flower essences, herbalism, and personal growth. Angie often works with nature healing and Earth healing, hoping to better understand our connection with Mother Earth. Angie is the author of Animal Reiki: How it Heals, Teaches & Reconnects Us with Nature and Reiki from A to Z. You can follow her at: angie-webster-healing.teachable.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/angiewebsterhealing).