Article by Ashwini Chubé
We are very much aware of 7 basic chakras. In addition to those, there are many more chakras in our human subtle body. Each chakra has a function and its specific relevance. I wish to share some information in this article about our ear chakras. One of the most what I call as underrated chakras, hold profound importance in our life.
Location: Most do not know or realise about these diskettes situated right next to and slightly above our physical ears. They look like discs. Although 2 ears could have 2 separate subtle energy points it is technically a single chakra. They extend till our forehead just above the eye brows.
Colour: The Chakra is red violet in colour.
Body Parts Governing the Chakra
Ears and part of forehead extending till eyebrows are the body parts governing this chakra.
Physical as well as Mental and Emotional Issues
A block in each of the chakras can manifest as both physical and emotional issues. Usually a block in the ear chakra could be caused due to one or more of the below reasons:
- You have been verbally abused, i.e. heard harsh demeaning things about yourselves.
- Self-Talk about yourself, putting yourself down.
- Avoiding something you don’t want to hear.
- You have had suppressed anger due to hearing something unpleasant or disturbing.
- Too much of noise pollution.
Issues in Ear Chakras May Manifest as
- Ear infections (both internal and external ear)
- Hearing disabilities
Ear Chakra and Clairaudience:
The chakra acts as a medium to what we call as “Clairaudience”- Hearing beyond the obvious. This chakra helps us to hear and process the right communication. It recognises the intention of talking without wrong meaning or sarcastic meaning of the words.
Clairaudience is what we call as divine hearing or ability to hear from the divine or spirit world. Very often highly spiritually developed people are able to hear beyond the normal. They are able to receive signs or commands from universe either through meditation or in an awake state of mind. This is a result of a developed ear chakra. The ear chakra perceptions or ringing in the ear are difficult to describe verbally. These could be more subtle than real sounds.
In my one of the previous article on “Exploring and Developing our Gifts with Reiki” I have explicitly mentioned methods to open to clairaudience.
Ways to Heal and Clean the Ear Chakras
- Music Therapy: A highly effective way to clear the chakras. However make sure the music is soothing and calming. Loud and disturbing music can however do more bad than good.
- Chants: Listening to chants like “Aum” or soothing chakra sounds can be an effective way too.
- Gongs or bells: When one visits a temple or monastery, the sound of bells and chimes is considered sacred. This is because this sound is said to have created vibrations which repel or break negative patterns.
- Reiki healing: Reiki by both laying of hands or by distance brings miracles.
Real life case study: One of my clients had throbbing ear pain and problem in hearing for weeks. She consulted an ENT specialist who told her that she had debris of ear wax causing this issue, which would take months to go or if severe may need to be removed with an anaesthesia. When we went back and traced this issue, we came to know she was demeaned a lot by her employer for petty things and she was terribly hurt to hear those rude and rash words. When we did her Reiki healing (along with the medications of course), she released a lot of pent up emotions caused due to hearing all that. Within 2 weeks her problem healed. She consulted her ENT again who told her that the stubborn wax had vanished miraculously.
- Crystals: Using crystals like Labradorite, Blue kyanite, Selenite are said to have a healing effect on ear chakras. One can place crystals above the eyebrows as a healing for the ear chakras. Wearing crystal earrings is also said to have soothing effect on the ears.
- Light Meditation: Close your eyes and relax. Now imagine white light flowing through your ear chakras extending above the eyebrows. Imagine light filling up the space and filling it fully. Now imagine light purifying the ear chakras.
- Freezing the names: I read this beautiful technique by Doreen Virtue in one of her books. If someone has said harsh things to you which may affect your ear chakras, all you can do is write all the names on piece of paper and set it in the freezer with an intention to forgive them and let go of the anger. It works miraculously well and can help you cleanse the ear chakras.
To conclude I would say, listen to sounds of nature more. Listen to the gushing of rivers, waves of ocean, birds chirping and sounds of the rain. More than that listen to the voice of your soul. As that is the true voice of the divine talking to you.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
After doing her MBA in finance and working for 8 years in investment banking Ashwini discovered her life purpose and decided to make a choice to be a transformational trainer, life coach, motivational speaker, and a spiritual teacher. She says Reiki helped her find her soul mission.
In 2016 May Ashwini founded Unicorn Insight – a corporate training company. Unicorn Insight trained over 100 people in the first 15 months. Ashwini also founded and runs a recruiting and networking firm – Tree of life. Ashwini has co-founded Urja Wellness and Joy for wellness and all these brands are now part of the Unicorn Group.
Ashwini is a master teacher of Usui Reiki, Violet Flame healing, Angelic healing and is an Access bars facilitator. She has been certified as a trainer by Dale Carnegie. Ashwini is also a mind trainer, an angel card, and tarot reader as well as a teacher and conducts workshops on Reiki, Violet flame, Law of Attraction, Gratitude, Vision Boards and Angels, Unicorns, Dragons, Akashic records and is a certified Fairiologist. She is a regular speaker at HELP talks Mumbai. The Breakthrough workshop is a life-changing workshop where she teaches tools to empower and change your life.
Get in touch with Ashwini through her Website: www.unicorninsight.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her Facebook page is: www.facebook.com/unicorninsight