Article by Taryn Walker
While traditional Reiki doesn’t involve crystals, over the years many practitioners discovered that crystals work beautifully with Reiki. This is why you’ll often see crystal healing taught by Reiki teachers.
There are many ways to use crystals during a Reiki session. Here are a few guidelines based on my own experience with crystal healing.
1. When choosing crystals, let yourself be guided by your intuition. You’ll know which crystals are right for you or the person you’re working with. Always trust your gut feeling. If you’re not able to fully trust your intuition become knowledgeable on which crystals are beneficial according to the chakra system you use. This will give you a crystal for each chakra, thereby covering the different vibratory levels of a person. Clear quartz is a good default crystal that can be used generally.
2. Get to know your crystals by holding them while meditating and tapping into their wisdom. Use the distance symbol to connect with a particular crystal and notice the unique qualities of the crystal by the sensations you feel and the insights you receive during meditation.
3. Before and after a crystal healing session clear your crystals simply by holding them one by one in your left hand and drawing the power symbol over them with your right hand, offering each crystal the opportunity to connect with Reiki, just as you would with a person.
4. Never use crystals during a Reiki session without prior consent from the receiver. Always talk about what the session involves and show the person the crystals you’ll be using. Sometimes a client has an intuitive aversion to a crystal and this should be respected. You can even let the person receiving healing choose their crystals for the session.
5. During the session crystals can be placed on particular areas of the body, such as over an organ or on the chakras. Let the receiver’s response to Reiki guide your placement of crystals. Removing a crystal is also intuitive but is often guided by a noticeable response from the receiver such as a big sigh.
6. The distance symbol can be used throughout the session to facilitate a deeper connection to the crystals being used. The power and mental/emotional healing symbol can also be used over the crystals just like in an ordinary Reiki session. As always with Reiki don’t try to do anything. Simply establish the connection to Reiki, place crystals as needed and let the person respond naturally. That response is felt as the different sensations in your hands, which helps to guide the experience.
Stay connected to your crystals by meditating with them often. Honour them by keeping them in a special place such as on a sacred altar or in comfortable pouches. Let yourself be humbled by what they have to teach.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Taryn Walker is a traveling Reiki Master Teacher who wishes to inspire people to realise that they are miraculous! She believes that Reiki can reveal our natural ability to heal ourselves and this empowers us to take responsibility for our lives. She works a lot with distant Reiki and loves the way it allows people to experience the illusion of separation. Taryn is grateful for being able to connect with her Reiki clients even while traveling. She usually lives on a little island in Thailand, where she practices and teaches Reiki, but finds ‘home’ wherever she is. Taryn enjoys yoga, nature, creating art, cooking and finding magic in “ordinary” places. Follow her here: http://reiki-alchemy.com/, http://www.facebook.com/alchemyhealing, and http://bit.ly/reikialchemyoutube.