Article by Darshan.S
What is loneliness?
Loneliness is that state where you feel disconnected from everything and everyone, where you feel like an alien to the world around you. Where you may be surrounded by a bunch of people and you still feel alone.
Rings a bell? I am sure it does, especially if you are a lightworker.
We live in a society where we are surrounded with people all the time and we always interact with them one way or another unless you are lucky enough to have a nice house in an exotic location. But for the rest of us average joes, this is an everyday routine. What intrigues me though is, if we are surrounded by so many people, how is it that we feel lonely?
So, let’s closely examine this emotion and figure out what wisdom it has to offer us.
Loneliness is a state of disconnection from one’s own self which results in disconnection with other people. Our society forces us to fit into certain stereotypes and categories. Children have to behave a certain way, teenagers are to act a certain way, adults have to live a certain way, women have to look a certain way, men have to fulfill certain obligations and the list is never ending. There is a “how-to manual” for every aspect of our lives and human beings have become like mass produced commodities where there is an absence of uniqueness and individuality.
In today’s world, everybody is basically the same. If you were to ask someone to imagine being rich, they would definitely imagine a big luxurious house with a lot of expensive cars and a loaded bank account. Similarly, if you were to ask someone to imagine being healthy, they would imagine someone with bulging muscles and a six-pack, ask someone to imagine success and they would probably imagine someone on the top of the corporate ladder but this is not the truth. This is what we have been conditioned to be and do by the environment around us, by media and other sources of false information.
Being rich is when you are surrounded by people that you love, doing things what you love. Health is gauged not just by our physical aesthetics but also our mental and emotional health. And success means differently to different people. When we are unable to connect to our own uniqueness and individuality, our own true self, how can we expect to connect to anybody else?
We have lost our connection to our own selves, lost connection with the DIVINE, to fellow human beings, to mother earth and all forms of life both animate and inanimate. And this is the message that loneliness brings us. It communicates to us the need to reestablish the connection with ourselves and everyone else.
Here’s how you re-establish the connection with yourself:
- The first step is to clear the false identity that we wear and connect to the most authentic version of our self. One of the easiest ways to do that is to use symbol #3 HSZSN over the Heart chakra with the intent of connecting with our inner self and strengthen this connection every day.
- Secondly learn, understand and build a relationship with yourself. Learn about your own likes and dislikes, what empowers you and what disempowers you? Set up your own standards and goals for the following areas of your life:
- Health and wellbeing
- Money and finances
- Business and career
- Social life, family, and friends
- Fun and joy
- Contributing to society
Set up realistic standards based on what makes you happy and not based on what society and other people expect from you. Follow up your standards with action and operate from a space of flexibility to make changes as required
- Thirdly, our identities were not created overnight and they will certainly not change overnight. As we are in the process of transitioning from our false identities to our authentic selves we must operate from a space of compassion and absolute acceptance because unless we honestly accept “what is” we will never be able to change it.
- We must learn to embrace our uniqueness and give other people the space to exhibit their own uniqueness. God made all of us in his image and has bestowed us with gifts and talents unique to us. A lot of times people feel, if someone else is exhibiting their uniqueness, it diminishes their own which isn’t true. Nobody can steal our thunder. On the stage of life, everybody gets a chance to be in the spotlight and showcase their skills and talents to the world.
- Practicing introspection, prayer and contemplation will also help us move beyond the veil of the ego and experience the grand and magnificent beings that we truly are and as we operate from this space of authenticity we find it easier to connect and interact with all that is around us.
As we embrace our own uniqueness and let others do the same we create a space for each other to connect, learn and grow because on the spiritual levels all of us are truly one, we just have to learn to live this truth on our journey here on planet earth.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Darshan is a Reiki healer & teacher, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and a Professional Dowser. He owns a Metaphysical Store called “Crystal Alchemy” through which he helps spread awareness about Crystals and other Healing Modalities. You can reach Darshan at www.facebook.com/Crystal.Alchemy.Store, www.facebook.com/TheHealingOcean.