Article by Justine Melton
It seems as though so many little souls are making their way into the world right now. I am expecting my 3rd child as I write this and know what it is like to deal with feelings of nervousness about an upcoming birthing experience.
I have worked with so many people recently that are seeking help to ease their mind about their upcoming birth experience as well. Pregnancy and birth usually bring up thoughts of two kinds. Generally, either feelings of pregnancy and birth being a beautiful miracle are present or fearful feelings filled with uncertainty, anxiety, pain and even thoughts of not surviving the experience are present. Sometimes there are even a mix of both types of feelings going on.
Reiki is an excellent tool to use to overcome these lower fear based energies and to have a fearless birth experience filled with love and light. Reiki can help in a variety of ways but here are my two favorite methods that I most often share with others.
Reiki and the Written Out Birth Plan Approach
1. Get a piece of paper out and start brain storming.
2. Do not focus on any fears. Instead think of the positive things you’d like to happen during your birthing experience and write it all down. Some ideas of things you could include here are who is in the room with you, tone of the environment, if you are wanting pain meds, if you would like to use a yoga ball, birthing tub or other devices, etc. Really sit down and write down your dream birthing experience from beginning to end.
3. Once you have a rough draft of all of your wants and desires make a final draft.
5. Next, beam Reiki to this paper for 5 min. You have now sent this positive Reiki energy to your actual future birthing experience.
6. Sit back now and relax. Reiki has your back.
If it makes you feel better take this piece of paper with you to the hospital or wherever you will be delivering your baby so that everyone is very clear on what your wants and desires are. The greatest good will now be occurring at that time thanks to Reiki.
Reiki and the Meditative/ Visual Birth Plan Approach
Some people find that meditation and visualization are more powerful for them than writing things down on a piece of paper. This is a personal choice. Both methods work and send the same Reiki energy to the birth.
1. To begin, set up your meditative space however you like and just like you are going to do a regular meditation.
2. Once you have your meditative space ready, sit or lay down, close your eyes and picture a Reiki bubble of light directly in front of you.
3. Visualize yourself making a Master or Power symbol over the front of this bubble along with a Distance symbol.
4. Now picture your perfect birth experience happening in this bubble from beginning to end. Remember it is just like you are watching it on the television.
5. After you have watched your perfect birthing experience in this Reiki bubble beam Reiki to it for 5 min.
6. Finally, ground yourself and give thanks.
You have just sent this amazing Reiki energy to your future birthing experience. The greatest good will now be occurring and you have nothing to fear.
Once you have completed one of the Birth Plan Methods relax and don’t give it another thought. You have shown the Universe exactly what you want and Reiki will now be there to bring about the greatest good for all. Reiki has your back! If you know someone who you think could benefit from this article please share it! Sending love your way.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/SoulRenew