The Dai Ko Myo in Usui Reiki is known as the “Master” symbol. It is one of the most powerful symbols in Reiki that can be used only by Reiki Masters. The power of the Reiki Master symbol combines the power of the first three symbols, Cho Ku Rei, Sei He Ki and Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen.
The Dai Ko Myo is the symbol with the highest vibration and is therefore most transformative at the spiritual level. Using this symbol helps enhance the healing of the soul as the energies are sent to the more subtle layers of the aura and upper chakras. When the spiritual soul is healed, the mental and physical get healed automatically.
The Dai Ko Myo symbol also helps heal our karma. Also known as “all purpose healing” symbol and “empowerment” symbol, this Reiki symbol represents all that is Reiki, including personal empowerment and love. Reiki practitioners at all levels receive the master symbol from their Reiki teacher during the attunement.
What does Dai Ko Myo mean?
When the individual symbols of the Reiki mater symbol are translated, it symbolizes the energy it carries. While “Dai” means great or big and “Ko” means smooth or glossy, the word “Myo” means bright light. The symbol also translated to evident or clear and is a verb for knowing or understanding. The Dai Ko Myo basically means “Great Enlightenment” or “Bright Shining Light”. This Reiki symbol represents inner knowledge, truth and enlightenment.
What happens during Dai Ko Myo Attunement?
When a Reiki practitioner is attuned with this Reiki symbol by a Reiki master, the symbol enters into the crown chakra and enlightens the truth about who we really are. The symbol helps us recognize our divinity and association to everything, taking us back to God.
The Dai Ko Myo symbol reconnects us to the divinity that is inherit within all and helps us heal ourselves and others. Once attuned to the symbol, it is highly recommended that you use the symbol with all your Reiki works. This will allow your energy receive an extra boost and help you draw strong energy constantly through your energetic system.
Methods to activating the Dai Ko Myo symbol
The symbol can be activated in many ways, including but not limited to:
- Drawing it with your palm center
- By visualizing it
- Drawing the symbol with your finger
- Drawing it with your third eye
- Spelling the name of the symbol three times.
Where to apply Dai Ko Myo symbol during healing?
Using the Reiki master symbol enhances the healing effects of every form of Reiki healing. The symbol is usually used with every Reiki healing whether individual or group, hands-on or distant or when aimed at an individual, thing or situation. To apply the symbol during a Reiki healing session, first draw the Reiki symbol on your own palms or hands and then visualize or redraw the symbol on the crown chakra and the palms or hands of the client and the area to be treated.
Dai Ko Myo Uses
- Used by Reiki masters to open channels during Reiki attunement and attune those who want to become Reiki practitioners.
- Helps enhance the connection between the practitioner and universal energies and helps heal the soul.
- Heals the chakras, the aura and any disease that initiates from our subconscious beliefs.
- Deals with our spiritual self, using it helps heal illness and disease from its original source.
- Helps provide enlightenment and become more psychic and intuitive.
- Can be used in all Reiki healings to bring in a purer and higher dimension of light.
- Can also be used to draw out negative energy from the body (physical emotional, mental or spiritual) and then liberate it.
- Helps develop and strengthen personal growth, self awareness, spiritual development and intuition.
- Using this symbol with the other Reiki symbols helps increase the effectiveness. For examples, using Dai Ko Myo with the distant healing symbol helps the energy to quickly travel from the heart chakra of the healer to the heart chakra of the receiver.
- Can be used to charge, clear crystals or make them self healing.
- It is considered to be an immune energizer. Helps improve immune function and increase energy flow through the body.
- Can be used to enhance the healing properties of herb tinctures, medicines or homeopathic remedies.
Benefits of Meditating on Dai Ko Myo symbol
The Reiki master symbol provides great benefits when meditating with it. It helps lead you to the “Bodhisattva Path” or “Saint Hood”. Accepting Dai Ko Myo through meditation encourages you to help others by helping yourself and direct your life specifically towards this purpose. Meditating on the symbol not only allows self purification and self cleansing at a spiritual level, but also helps create more harmony and balance in your daily life. It brings “light” in your life and helps eliminate blockages at all physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels, present, past and future.
Dai Ko Myo is one of the most sacred Reiki symbols. The primary purpose of using this symbol is empowerment, enlightenment, unity and wakening of the soul. It is a bright shining light which nourishes and fills, shows the way and rests the spirit. It helps nurture your physical body and soul and also encourages you to do the same for others. With practice, using Dai Ko Myo can bring profound changes in life and make you a better person.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF: