Article by Angie Webster
Thoughts and emotional energy can sometimes race through our minds, running in a never-ending loop that is not helpful, but difficult to let go of. Or we may notice issues, relationships or beliefs we wish to be done with or wish to deal with in a healthier way. When we are feeling heavy and weighed down emotionally or physically and can’t seem to easily re-set, we can perform a cleansing and releasing ceremony.
Ceremonies such as this one can powerfully release the old and re-set out intentions in the direction we mean to go, without old baggage weighing us down. I love doing this ceremony regularly, even if I am not feeling any difficulty, simply because it is so beautiful and reaffirming. It is lovely to do on the full moon, or at the equinoxes or solstices.
In order to do this ceremony, you will need the following:
- A candle or candles. White ones are good to represent cleansing and purity, but you can also choose red to represent release and fire purification, or blue to represent protection and air or water purification or green to represent healing and earth purification. Purple may feel best for you, to represent the Violet Flame. Choose any color that resonates with you.
- Incense or sage.
- Bath tub or shower. A tub is best, but this can be adapted to work in a shower, if you use your imagination. Your intention and the work with the Divine energy through the elements is the important thing.
- Sea salt or Epsom salts to add to bath. You can add herbs or flowers, as well. Rose petals or basil can be very healing and purifying.
- Essential oils are a nice bonus, but not critical.
To perform the ceremony, follow these steps:
- Cleanse your ceremonial space and your aura using either incense or sage. Ask that the smoke purify anything that doesn’t belong to you any longer. Make sure to sweep the smoke through all areas of the room, including corners. Then pass the smoke through your aura, starting at your head and working your way down to your feet. Sweep down one arm and then then other. When you are finished, you can put the incense out in a bowl of sea salt or water, or allow it to continue burning as you perform your ceremony.
- Draw your bath and add salt, and herbs or flowers, if using. Charge the water with Reiki.
- Light the candles while the water is running, saying a prayer over them as you do. Ask for assistance from all elements, angels, and guides that serve the Divine to help you release the weight of what weighs you down and no longer serves you, releasing any cords and healing both ends with love and forgiveness. Charge the candles with Reiki, using all symbols that you are guided to.
- As you undress, imagine you are removing layers of what is weighing you down, releasing it to the Earth. Thank the Earth for her help in transmuting this for you and ask her to bless all beings with the transmuted energy.
- Step into the tub and see the water beginning to dissolve what remains. Ask it to assist you as you do your healing ceremony.
- Use your hand to scoop handfuls of the water over your crown, letting it pour over your third eye and over the back of your head and down your spine. Do this at least 3 times, feeling the water cleanse and heal you, removing what doesn’t belong. Do this at least once over each chakra. See the water as both purifying water doesn’t belong, and replenishing what does.
- Rest back into the water and close your eyes. You may wish to let yourself sink into the water as far as you can go while still being able to breathe. Begin to meditate, allowing any thoughts, feelings or issues that would like to release rise to the surface. See them and thank them, then let them go. Do this for as long as you feel you need to. Remember you have the service of your guides, angels and elements to assist you. If something feels difficult, you are fully supported in its release, if it is what you choose.
- When you feel complete, sit up, thank the water for assisting you releasing and transmuting these things and ask it to bless all beings it touches, and all water everywhere as it flows away from you. Open the drain and step out.
- Look into your eyes in the mirror and gently remind yourself that you are a much loved and supported child of the Divine.
- If you are using essential oils, you can anoint your hands, feet and each chakra, setting the intention that you will walk in the Divine Christed Light, allowing Divine Will to work through you as a peaceful channel. You can anoint using a symbol or simply draw a cross. Intention is what is important.
When you are finished with your ceremony, you may feel very tired. If so, please rest as long as you need to. Drink plenty of water over the next 24 hours to help flush away all that you have broken free. You may notice that you urinate more in the hours immediately following the ceremony, as well. This ceremony will produce shifts and healing. The precise results will vary each time, according to what you may need in that instance, but you will notice an immediate shift.
Free PDF chart download: We’ve created a PDF chart inspired by this article, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Angie Webster is a Reiki Master Teacher and author. Angie’s primary focus is animal Reiki, which she adores. She also teaches classes and workshops about Reiki and spiritual growth. She works often with nature healing and Earth healing, hoping to better understand our connection with Mother Earth. Angie is the author of Infinite Reiki, Infinite Healing: How Energy Medicine Healed my Life and What It Can do for Yours. Reiki and a healthy lifestyle contributed to her healing after a 20-year struggle with neurological and chronic pain issues. She comes out the other side with a new perspective on life and now seeks to empower others, guiding them back to their own innate healing abilities. You can follow her at: angie-webster-healing.thinkific.com, https://www.facebook.com/HolisticSpirituality, http://www.serenityenergyhealing.com/