When working with a Reiki box, it can easily get filled up, even to the point of it feeling “cluttered” with old requests.
Obviously, something should be done – but what? The problem with cleaning it seems to be, for some people, a feeling of guilt on some level, or something similar. Perhaps as if we’re letting someone down, or that we somehow ought to keep sending energy to the people who asked for it. But on the other hand, the box, especially if it’s a physical box filled with requests written on paper, tends to lose its “neatness”.
How to clean a Reiki box?
First of all, realize that if you end up not sending Reiki to the box anymore, because of its lack of “attractiveness”, everybody loses – so something should be done, and it’s in everybody’s best interest to do it sooner rather than later :).
Second, keep in mind that people’s priorities change, and situations change. The original request might not even be valid anymore.
Another cool trick is, when you originally write the request and put it in the box, to also write down a date until when you intend to send Reiki to that request. A “deadline” 🙂 of sorts. Could be a week, a month, or any period really. But it will make it a lot easier to part with the request when time comes.
How to actually dispose of the old requests
You could simply toss them in the garbage, and some practitioners do just that. Others feel more comfortable if they burn them, as a more formal “goodbye”. Just do what feels right to you.
Here’s also a nice “disposal ritual” using symbols that may be helpful. You can use it as such, or tweak it to your own style.
- Hold the request in your palms, as you would hold a small bird.
- Start the flow of Reiki, and create a ball of golden, healing energy around the request, perhaps the size of a snowball.
- Hold the ball in one hand, and with the other, draw Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen.
- Say may this energy flow to this situation at an ideal pace, in its own perfect time, for the highest good of all.
- Push the HSZSN into the ball, imagine it attached to the request, taking care that the energy will flow across space and time, whenever and wherever needed.
- Draw Sei He Ki and push it into the ball, for joy and harmony.
- Seal everything with the power symbol.
- Physically dispose of the request as you normally would (tossing it, burning it, etc).
- Imagine cutting any cords between yourself and the situation (use your hands to do the cut if so inclined), and let Reiki take over from here.
You can apply this to multiple requests at the same time, Reiki is powerful enough and smart enough to take care of all of them at once :).