Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
The full moon is the perfect time for us to let go of things that no longer serve us. Recurring patterns that diminish the quality of our lives can be safely released in the light of the full moon.
Here are a few examples of what you may release during the period of the full moon:
• Blocks to manifestation: If you are working on specific goals but find blocks coming in the way, this may be the right time to release them.
• Recurrent emotional patterns: Anger, fear, resentment, envy, guilt and the like.
• Unhelpful patterns: An inability to trust in the flow of life, an inability to receive, feelings of powerlessness, feelings of not being good enough, victim mentality and the like.
If you like working with the angels, you can call on Archangel Haniel and Archangel Jeremiel to bless this healing ritual with their energies. Haniel’s energy can help us connect with the moon and Jeremiel’s energy can help us review our lives and release negative patterns from our consciousness. Alternately, you can call on other Masters/ Reiki Guides/ Spiritual Guides.
- Wear a white coloured dress if you have one.
- Step outside on the evening of the full moon. Your garden, roof terrace or balcony will work fine. If you cannot do this outdoors, you can also do it indoors, preferably near a window from which the full moon is visible.
- Place a white coloured candle in the centre of your healing space. Make sure it is placed safely as you will need to walk around it. If you have a large outdoor area, you can light a fire instead of using the candle.
- Call on Archangel Jeremiel and Archangel Haniel. Request them to be with you and to help you heal.
- Look at the moon, draw the distance symbol in front of you and connect with its energy. Masters must also draw the Master Symbol.
- Stretch your hands and invite the energy of the full moon into your space. Receive the energy with your hands. Pour the energy over yourself, starting from your head all the way down to your feet. Let your hands move over your aura so you feel the energy moving.
- As you pour this energy over yourself, clearly state your intention to release an unhelpful pattern from your life. For example, if you carry blocks to manifestation, you could say, “I now release all those blocks that prevent me from manifesting at my highest potential.” Do this three times (more if you feel like).
- Thereafter, draw all the Reiki symbols in the air and begin walking around the candle in circles, taking care to maintain a safe distance. The Archangels will accompany you. As you walk in the light of the moon, hold a strong intention to heal this block or pattern. This act of walking with a crystal clear intention can facilitate powerful healing. The energy of the Archangels will further act as a catalyst in your healing. Continue to walk until you naturally feel like stopping.
- Express your gratitude. Drink lots of water and rest for a while, before getting back to your routine.
For deep rooted patterns, this ritual may need to be done more than once. Release as much as feels natural to you every full moon. You don’t have to get everything accomplished the very first time. From a larger perspective, every small step we take towards healing makes a huge positive difference.
Enjoy healing in the moonlight!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya on her blog at lightworkersonearth.com, on email at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook at Angel Light.