Article by Justine Melton
I am a Reiki Master and have used Reiki for all sorts of things from healings, to room cleansings to protection, to charging things. I have my own Reiki business and feel it is my calling in life. But even with all of this, it was in a moment of desperation, and burnout at the end of my day from being a single parent of two little girls that did not like bed time that I came up with a way to easily put my children to sleep.
While laying in bed one night completely and utterly exhausted from 2 hours of bargaining, tears and deal making about bedtime with my children I thought to myself that there has got to be a better way to do bedtime. Then it hit me like lightning. Why had I not been using Reiki and all of the other work that I do? I use it in every other area of my life. Why not bedtime with my children? At that moment I formed a new plan. The method that I used uses a symbol that you must be attuned to a Reiki Master level to use. However, I believe that use of the other symbols would have wonderful effects as well and get you to the same peaceful place. I do call in the help of Angels here. If you are a Reiki Practitioner but do not believe in angels you could just use the Reiki and color work alone.
My new routine is as follows:
- I put my daughters in their bed and Reiki their room.
- I put the Master Symbol on every wall, window, bed, ceiling, floor and door.
- I create a ball of white light in my hand that I then visualize going up and expanding throughout the room removing all that is negative out.
- I then begin a guided meditation where I call in the Angels. I have a special connection with Archangel Raphael so that is the angel I start with but any will work for you. I go through my mediation with each Angel standing around my children’s bed throwing a color up into the room that clears the room, goes down through their body (starting at their head then working slowly down to their toes). Then finally the light goes down into the ground taking all of their troubles away and then heals the Earth. I go through the chakra colors here, one color after another.
- I then end it with the Angles giving thanks for allowing them to bring these loving colors to the children and do one big master healing symbol in the center of the room.
The beauty of this routine is that you can make it as short or long as you like. When I do it the session averages ten min and my kids are fast asleep by the end of the guided meditation. These are children that normally fight bedtime. They look forward to this routine and bedtime is no longer a struggle. I use this routine on myself as well and it puts me in a deeply relaxed state. Allowing Reiki and Angels to assist with bedtime with their divine light has been one of my favorite experiences with using Reiki so far.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.