Article by Amisha Mehta
Throat chakra is known as Vishuddha in Sanskrit — ‘Suddhi’ means purification and the prefix ‘Vi’ means quality. It is also known as the center of nectar and poison. All purifications take place in this chakra. It governs our speech and creative expression.
Our success or failures are determined by how well this chakra is balanced. Feeling of guilt easily clogs this chakra. We must learn to appreciate people for what they bring to our reality.
Balanced Throat Chakra
With a balanced Throat chakra, one really doesn’t have a problem expressing themselves. They are experts in giving sound advice when asked for. They know what they want from their lives and don’t mind asking for it and in turn they also get it with ease. They voice their opinion in a manner no one gets offended, and are not afraid to accept their weakness.
Overactive Throat Chakra
People with overactive Throat chakra tend to yell a lot and are very opinionated. They are verbally abusive and don’t give others a chance to keep their point.
Underactive Throat Chakra
Here people are unable to express themselves leading to misunderstanding. Telling truth is not their forte thus they tend to say something and end up doing something else.
Here I am presenting a meditation that will help you keep your Throat chakra balanced. You will require internet connection and youtube, a picture of Throat chakra, candle diffuser, blue colour candle essential oil. Though they are optional, it gives an added touch to the whole meditation.
Throat Chakra Meditation
- Sit in a relaxed and comfortable position in a clean place.
- You can sit in a mudra governing the Throat chakra.
- You can start instrumental music relating to Throat chakra from youtube if it doesn’t disturb you.
- You can light a blue color candle. You can add essential oil like peppermint, sage, eucalyptus, etc to the candle diffuser.
- Take three deep breaths and start looking at the Throat chakra symbol for few minutes and then slowly close your eyes and calm yourself taking in deep breathes till you feel you are ready to start with your meditation.
- Start with imagining a beautiful shade of blue at the Throat chakra and chant the beej mantra “Hum” for a few minutes.
- You can start with chanting “Hum” at a higher pitch with prolonged “M”. Let the sound get absorbed in your system.
- Then as you breathe in and out deeply ask the inner light of your holy spirit to cleanse and dissolve all the darkness from your Throat chakra by saying “I willingly release any blocks to perfect communication to the light, now. I release all fear that would prevent me from lovingly speaking my truth today.”
- Then start saying the affirmations (listed below) that you resonate the most and repeat them as many times as you can depending on the time you have. The more you say affirmations, quicker the result.
- My thoughts are positive, and I always express myself truthfully and clearly. My voice is heard.
- I claim and honour my true voice.
- I am an active and compassionate listener.
- I am comfortable in silence.
- I vocalize my feelings.
- I communicate with ease and confidence.
- I am always able to find the right words.
- I am able to clearly state my need.
- Then imagine as if your Throat chakra is perfectly balanced and that all your concerns have been healed. Be in this mode for a few minutes.
- Take a deep breath and state “I allow my higher self and holy spirit to speak through me today, in all communications. I step back and let spirit lead the way and all of my communication are perfectly ordered and guided. Today, everyone with whom I come in contact with benefits from listening to my words.”
- Be in this moment for a few minutes. Smile and slowly and gently open your eyes.
Other techniques for balancing Throat Chakra are as follows
- Singing songs, writing letter, expressing yourself or taking a walk on a sunny day under the blue sky are all ways of balancing Throat chakra.
- One can play ‘G’ note on any musical instrument for balancing throat chakra.
- One can hear instrumental music which is on 741Hz. One can keep the music on and keep working. It will still balance Throat chakra.
- One can eat barley, blueberries, blackberries, kiwis, plums, etc. to keep their Throat chakra balanced.
- One can keep Aquamarine, Turquoise, etc. for balancing Throat chakra.
- One can do yoga poses like Halasana, Matsyasana, Setu- Bandhasana to balance the Throat chakra.
Hoping the above meditation will guide you to balance your Throat chakra and enjoy Love and Life to the fullest. In case of any doubts or further assistance, one can get in touch with me.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
After 6 years of corporate job as Equity Research Analyst, Amisha Mehta took a break for her marriage. After settling down in her new home, she started organizing events in 2012 at orphanages, old age homes, street school and on outskirts of Mumbai once every month for 5 years. While she was satisfied doing social service she was looking out for something which would give her financial independence and ended up getting attuned for Reiki. As she always says, Reiki chose her and she started the journey of healing. Afterward, there was no looking back for her. Along with her healing and attunements, she also runs Access Bars for her clients. She also makes customized candles for healing as required by other healers. She has her own whatsapp group group called Soul_Reconnect where she sends inspirational posts, shares tips on various matters, helps with techniques, etc. Reach Amisha at email@example.com or by phone at 9820852076.