Article by Amisha Mehta
Third Eye chakra is known as Ajna in Sanskrit and it means command. The three nadis i.e., Ida (Moon) on the left, Pingala (Sun) on the right, and Sushumna in between merge at the Third Eye chakra, and it’s called Mukta Triveni. This chakra centers our minds and brings in peace and stability.
This chakra deals with intuition, psychic senses, wisdom, intellect, clairvoyance, detachment, insight, and understanding. Most healers focus on cultivating a strong and balanced Third Eye chakra. The Third Eye chakra is located in between brows.
It’s this chakra which helps you see situations, events, things, and people with clarity, just the way they are. When the Third Eye chakra opens toward the outside, it helps you see others as they are; when it opens toward the inside, it awakens your side of nature and you start knowing yourself better – your strength and limitations are all projected to you when you open your Third Eye inside.
Balanced Third Eye Chakra
With a balanced Third Eye chakra, one really doesn’t have a problem expressing themselves. They are experts in offering their advice when asked for. They know what they want from their lives and don’t mind asking for it, and in turn, they also get it with ease. They voice their opinion in a manner no one gets offended and are not afraid to accept their weakness. People with balanced Third Eye chakra tend to remain aloof, uninvolved, detached, accepting the situation as it is, and stop reacting to it. If not balanced with the sweetness of emotions, people might tend to imbalance the Third Eye chakra.
Overactive Third Eye Chakra
People with overactive Third Eye chakra tend to yell a lot and are very opinionated. They are verbally abusive and don’t give others a chance to speak their mind.
Underactive Third Eye Chakra
Here people are unable to express themselves leading to misunderstanding. Telling the truth is not one of their strengths thus they tend to say something and end up doing different things.
Here I am presenting a meditation that will help you keep your Third Eye chakra balanced. You will require an internet connection and a Youtube channel, a picture of the Third Eye chakra, a candle diffuser, a blue color candle essential oil. Though they are optional, it gives an added touch to the whole meditation.
Third Eye Chakra Meditation
- Sit in a relaxed and comfortable position in a clean place.
- You can sit in a mudra governing the Third Eye chakra.
- You can start instrumental music relating to Third Eye chakra from Youtube if it doesn’t disturb you.
- You can light an indigo color candle. You can add an essential oil like Clary Sage, Cypress, Elemi, Juniper, etc to the candle diffuser.
- Take three deep breaths and start looking at the Third Eye chakra symbol for few minutes and then slowly close your eyes and calm yourself taking in deep breathes till you feel you are ready to start with your meditation.
- Start with imagining a beautiful shade of indigo at the Third Eye chakra and chant the beej mantra “OM” for a few minutes.
- You can start with chanting “OM” at a higher pitch with prolonged “M”. Let the sound get absorbed in your system.
- Then as you breathe in and out, deeply ask the inner light of your holy spirit to cleanse and dissolve all the darkness from your Third Eye chakra by saying: “I am willing to release the fear of seeing the future. I am willing to release all fear of seeing the truth.”
- Then start saying the affirmations (listed below) that you resonate the most and repeat them as many times as you can depending on the time you have. The more you say these affirmations, the quicker the results.
- I hear my intuition. I trust my inner teacher and follow his/her guidance.
- I am my own spiritual truth.
- I let my ‘sixth sense’ guide me.
- I easily hear the voice of my soul.
- I have unlimited possibilities.
- I am clear.
- I trust my intuition.
- I am intuitive.
- I have a healthy mind.
- I am connected to my true path and purpose. I am able to clearly state my need.
- Imagine as if your Third Eye chakra is perfectly balanced and that all your concerns have been healed. Be in this mode for a few minutes.
- Take a deep breath and state: “I now clearly hear, accept, and follow the guidance that comes to me for my highest and best good. I work in perfect partnership with the voice of Spirit, now and always.”
- Be in this moment for few minutes. Smile and slowly and gently open your eyes.
Other techniques for balancing Third Eye Chakra are as follows
- Sitting in a meditative mode in sunlight, lying quietly with an eye pillow, trying out logical puzzles or brain training exercises are helpful in balancing the Third Eye chakra.
- Play ‘A’ note on any musical instrument.
- One can hear instrumental music which is on 426.7Hz. One can keep the music on and keep working. It will still balance the Third Eye chakra.
- Eat figs, grapes, raisin, eggplant, purple cabbage, etc.
- Keep Amethyst, Moldavite, etc for balancing Third Eye chakra.
- Do yoga poses like Vajrasana, Adhomukhswanasa, Balasana, etc.
Hoping the above meditation will guide you to balance Third Eye Chakra and enjoy knowing yourself to the fullest.
The previous articles of this insightful series here:
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
After 6 years of corporate job as Equity Research Analyst, Amisha Mehta took a break for her marriage. After settling down in her new home, she started organizing events in 2012 at orphanages, old age homes, street school and on outskirts of Mumbai once every month for 5 years. While she was satisfied doing social service she was looking out for something which would give her financial independence and ended up getting attuned for Reiki. As she always says, Reiki chose her and she started the journey of healing. Afterward, there was no looking back for her. Along with her healing and attunements, she also runs Access Bars for her clients. She also makes customized candles for healing as required by other healers. She has her own whatsapp group group called Soul_Reconnect where she sends inspirational posts, shares tips on various matters, helps with techniques, etc. Reach Amisha at email@example.com or by phone at 9820852076.