Article by Justine Melton
Whenever the seasons change I like to do a major Reiki cleanse with all areas of my life. It helps to release the old and welcome in the new. I have to admit I haven’t always been the biggest fan of salt cleansing. I thought there were better ways or that Reiki could just do it all on its own. I recommend to everyone to always just use what speaks out to them.
Salt is something that I have always listed as a good thing to use with Reiki as I know it works for many people. It is included in my Reiki classes as a positive thing to use but it wasn’t something that spoke out to me much. I decided it was time to investigate the use of salt a little more and do my own experiment. I wanted to see if I noticed a bigger difference when cleansing my home with a Reiki Salt combo. What better time than the start of a new season with new energy and possibilities?
Below you will find the method that I used along with a list of my results. I did this over a month and changed the salt weekly.
Reiki Salt House Cleanse:
- Prepare for the house cleanse: Purchase enough salt to cleanse your entire house. I used whatever was on sale at the store. I know some people will only buy pure sea salt when cleansing. I believe that any salt will work. Do what speaks to you. You will need enough to put a small amount in each corner of your house as well as sprinkling though out. Also, be sure to get enough small glasses out to use in each of the main corners of your house. I do not recommend using plastic. If you do not have enough glasses then pouring some directly on the floor is ok.
- Stand in the middle of your house and picture a white light encircling your house. Say to yourself or out loud, “I surround this house in the white light of God’s love and divine protection.” Substitute whatever your own views are with this statement. Saying what you believe has the most power. For example, you could use the word higher power or source instead of the word God. Then, make a power or master symbol in front of you in the middle of your house while asking Reiki for the greatest good to occur in this cleansing.
- Pour salt (I usually use a few tablespoons for each corner) into the glasses you are going to use. Make a power symbol or master symbol over each glass and say, “Only peace, love, and understanding is allowed in this house. No negativity or negative people may cross into this space.” Place each glass you have prepared into the farthest corners of your house. For me, I have 4 main corners that I put them in down stairs, 4 main corners upstairs, and I used two at the furthest edges of my garage. I also put one glass under my bed.
- Next, pour a solid line of salt across the main entrances to your home. I did this at my front door, back door, and garage door. I also did it at the main sliding doors and windows that I like to have open. After you have poured your line of salt make a power or master symbol over it and say the same thing as before, “Only, peace, love, and understanding is allowed in this house. No negativity or negative people may cross into this space.”
- Finally, walk around your house and sprinkle salt anywhere that you feel you might need a little extra positivity and make a power or master symbol over it. I sprinkled salt in my closets, in my showers, and in a particular area of my backyard.
- Give thanks and change the salt once a week for 4 weeks. Dispose of the salt in your trash can. If you poured your salt directly onto the floor then simply vacuum it up and then toss in the trash can. After that use this method whenever you feel called to do so.
I was surprised at what a difference this cleansing method made in my own home. I had planned on sharing with you how Reiki alone was better than a Reiki Salt Combo but to do what worked for you. I noticed such amazing results that this is now going to be something that I routinely do a few times a year in my home in between my normal Reiki home cleanse.
Results after my experiment:
- Major positive and light feeling throughout my entire home.
- I had different people consistently asking me if I had done something different to my house.
- I noticed small little spaces that I suddenly felt the urge to clean that I hadn’t noticed before. I keep my house very clean and free of negativity in the first place so this alone really surprised me.
- My children commented on how good the house felt and asked me if I had some new cleaning product. They commented that the house felt open and that they could sleep better.
- Felt the urge to suddenly throw some items away that had never bothered me before.
- People in my home were able to communicate better and express themselves in a more positive way. My husband is a very passionate person and I have to say I noticed a HUGE difference here.
- Things that were bothering people were brought up out of nowhere and cleansed.
- Negative people suddenly didn’t want to call or come over. Or if they did come over they had to quickly exit.
- I started having the more positive people in my life contact me more and ask to come over.
- I noticed that I had a much lower tolerance for deception and mistruths. These people were naturally repelled from my home.
- More animals (especially birds) started hanging out in my yard. All of my plants appeared to be happier and started blooming at the same time.
- My whole family had more energy.
I encourage you to give this Reiki Salt House Cleanse a try and see what unexpected results it may bring to your home.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.