Article by João Antão Marques
Cleaning rooms and spaces with Reiki is, indeed, an excellent idea and procedure. Nevertheless, sometimes we need to push the cleaning a little bit ahead and additional methods are to be used:
• A copper Gong, with 60 to 70 cm diameter, is a good tool to start cleaning a room. Just sound it strongly three times and you will see the pattern of the energy change. You can easily check that by using a Tibetan bowl before and after the use of the Gong, the sound of the bowl will last longer and will be more equilibrated after sounding the Gong.
• The use of a Tibetan Bowl (with 20/25 cms diameter) is also another way to clean spaces. If the space is charged with negativity, you’ll notice that the sound of the bowl will drop very quickly. If you have a Tibetan bowl, you can gently sound it several times and watch the sound progressively extend but, you have to be very careful when choosing the bowl, as the majority of them available today have a very poor quality and are more for tourists. A good bowl can be either one from Peter Hess (use the all purpose bowl), the pioneer of Tibetan Bowls Massage as we know it or, a bowl that allows you to listen, at the same time, to high and low pitched notes, together with an whow, whow sound that lasts long. The sound from the bowl will expand progressively and, as cleaning progresses, you will be able to listen to it even when sounding very, very, low.
• A mixture of camphor and alcohol (9 stones of camphor for 1/2 liter of 96º alcohol) is good to clean spaces. The mixture should be used in a very thin spray, directed high to the ceiling, and without droplets. This mixture is highly corrosive and will damage varnish, plastic and even aluminum if in contact with them. Don’t use too much quantity as it will have the opposite effect, instead of cleaning the negative energies, will attract them.
• The mixture of alcohol and camphor described above can have its effect enhanced if you add 9 cloves of garlic and allow it to macerate for several days. The smell is a little bit tough but, it works well and will not last for very long.
• To clean yourself, with the camphorated alcohol, just put a small quantity in your hands and pass them all over your Aura (star on the face, then Crown chakra and then downwards to feet). You can also give a quick smell to the mixture but be very careful as it is very toxic. Also, you can spray a little over your head as if showering.
• Once you have cleaned the room/space, you can maintain a cleaner ambiance by using a transparent glass of water (plain glass, without any drawings, effects…) in which you put a handful of raw marine salt, sugar and water. The glass is placed in the corner behind the door leading to the room (if the door opens from left to right, the glass is placed on the right, behind the door and against the wall). When the water dries, clean the glass and refill it.
• You can also burn a mixture of herbs (always in an odd number, 3, 5, 7,…) like laurel, garlic peel, rosemary, salvia, mandrake root or others with the same effect/objective. The important point here is to use only an odd number of plants. I generally use these mixtures if really needed or if the space is a new one I’ll start using. A good cleanup, before you start working, is essential.
• Aurosomas can also be of a good help, you can purchase the Aurosoma of Serapis Bey, for instance, and dilute it with distilled water (50/50) and use one or two sprays of this mixture.
• The use of the Antahkarana Symbol, in your working room/space, will enhance your protection if placed at a maximum distance of 1,2 meters from your Aura.
• Of course, the burning of incense is a good help, I generally use the blue variety from NAG CHAMPA.
• If you feel the need to do so, when working, you can use a white candle together with a glass with marine salt and water. The glass is placed on the right side of the candle. The glass should be plain transparent glass. Always change the water when air bubbles start accumulating.
• Ammoniac can be used also as a cleaning agent but use it together with the Aurosoma or with incense.
• Crystals can be used to create a working space with given characteristics but their use depends a little on the relation you establish with them. Anyway, you can use these ones: Amethyst; Serafinite; Clear Quartz; Smoky Quartz; Quartz Geode; Black Tourmaline; Selenite Tower.
Now let’s see a couple of things about protection.
Many Masters recommend, for protection, the use of the blanket of light or the cocoon with golden or rose light, that’s fine and correct, the point is that these “elements” have to be flawless and uniform and, unfortunately, many people don’t have the visualization capacities to provide such a uniform cocoon and don’t achieve, as a result, a proper protection.
As I consider protection to be one of the essential aspects of treating others, during my first level Reiki courses I teach the Cho Ku Rei as I consider its use to provide the best protection.
The protection with CKR can be achieved by two different methods. The second one is my favorite.
- Draw mentally a CKR and place it: on the Crown Chakra, then on the Solar Plexus Chakra; then on the right and on the left of the Solar Plexus Chakra and, a last one, on the Root Chakra.
- Then, draw a big CKR in front of you, as if it was a wall and then cross it. Don’t forget to repeat thrice its name anytime you place it.
The second method (already described in previous articles, is my favorite):
- Draw a big CKR in front of you (try to finish it in front of your Solar Plexus Chakra);
- Seal each Chakra with a CKR starting from the Root Chakra and ending on the Crown Chakra.
- If you feel so, you can ask the energy to seal also the back Chakras.
- In case you are not very experienced and fear negativity, in addition to steps above, you can also use the CKR shield on your back, left and right sides and under your feet, building this way a CKR cage around you.
Personally, I never felt the need to do this last step but, I understand some people will feel safer this way. For me, to deal with negativity is a part of our job as Reiki practitioners, we have to be careful and handle negativity “step by step” as, the more negativity we deal with, the stronger we become.
Remember, when treating others with Reiki, you are not alone. You are the channel used by Masters and Guides here on earth and, accordingly, they will also provide protection to you. The point is that you have, also, to do your work to be an adequate channel. Just for today, I TRUST!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
João Antão Marques, a retired chemical engineer, is an Usui Tibetan Reiki Master/teacher living in Lisbon, Portugal, with training in Jikiden Reiki, Karuna® Reiki and Seichim, Lotus Light Jewel, Tibetan Bowls Massage and Therapy of Past Lives. Works as a volunteer with elder people in a Daily Center of the Portuguese Red Cross and has also worked with drugs and alcohol addicted. Recently undertook a study of the effects of Reiki in people affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis. João can be reached by mail at email@example.com.