Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
We often burden ourselves with the overwhelming task of trying to control situations and outcomes. It is great to have desires and to expect nothing but the best for our lives. However, it is futile to obsess over how we will reach our desires outcomes in life. When we surrender the need to control the details, we let go and we float in the web of existence. We only do what needs to be done from our end and thereafter allow the Universe to work out the details.
Letting go is not an easy task. But it is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. It can help us breathe and enjoy feeling abundant right this moment, knowing with certainty that we are supported in all ways.
We can learn to let go by strengthening our connection with our Higher Self. We can let go by asking our Guides and Angels to help us with our issues rather than try to resolve them all by ourselves. Reiki practice can also support our intention to let go.
The next time you find yourself struggling to be in control of an issue, try surrendering it to the Universe instead and witness how light it makes you feel. If you have a hard time letting go, this short exercise can make things more systematic and help you let go with greater ease.
- Drink some water and take a few deep breaths.
- Call upon all the Masters, Reiki Guides, Spirit Guides, Angels and Archangels. Request them to surround you.
- Visualise yourself surrounded by these beings of love and light. More importantly, feel their warm energy enveloping you. If you cannot see or feel their energy, do not despair. Once you call on them, you can be certain that they will be by your side. Trust and move ahead.
- Bring your attention to the issue at hand- desires, worries, concerns etc. Notice how your body reacts as you feel the need to be in perfect control of your life. You will most likely feel a heaviness or tension in various parts of the body.
- Now intend that you will let go of this issue and surrender it to your Higher Self, who is represented by the loving beings of light that surround you.
- Open up your palms, place them just below your mouth and breathe out deeply into them. Intend that the issue and the stress that you’ve been feeling over it are released into your palms. Now hand this over to the loving beings of light and request them to handle it for you.
- Kneel down. Sit with your hands in Namaste position for a minute. This act helps us acknowledge that it is OK for us to surrender to that which is much bigger than the limited versions of ourselves that we are familiar with.
Like a child who feels safe in the company of the mother and father, we allow ourselves to feel safe and supported in the light of the higher energies. We release the need to control. We trust that we are taken care of and that our needs will be met.
Keep in mind that letting go does not indicate that we do nothing. If there is any physical action we must take towards manifesting a certain outcome, we go ahead and do what is necessary. But we do not fret over the smaller details of how things will work out. Letting go is a joyous experience and ironically it is one of the fastest ways to manifest all that we hope to manifest and more!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at firstname.lastname@example.org and Angel Light on Facebook.