Since coming across the 12 colour meditation by Mary Derr on Alain Herriott’s book Supercharging Quantum Touch, I was inspired to use it within my Reiki practice for both myself and my Reiki clients. I have already been using colours with my Reiki channelling and chakra balancing work, but the moment I learnt this simple yet powerful meditation technique, I instantly visualised it as a perfect, compact slow release Reiki healing pill, slowly and continuously releasing Reiki and enhancing the fundamental colours present in every healthy cell in our body as well as mind and spirit.
Before getting on to the Reiki pill technique itself, let me first go through the 12 colours and their healing benefits. According to Mary Derr, there is a fundamental group of colours in healthy cells that indicates the body’s overall health and well-being. She studied in -uterine babies and noticed that a healthy baby has 12 colours or vibrations associated with its entire body and they are present in each and every cell. She noticed that as long as these colours were bright and even the babies were healthy and when under stressful experiences or toxic environment in the womb, these colours where affected. She extended her studies to people of all ages and concluded that these fundamental colours were also affected and in disharmony in people experiencing stress and health problems. To restore the harmony and brightness of these colours and maintain the balance of our physical and emotional bodies, she developed de 12 colour meditation. Whereas I am not going to go into details of how to do the 12 colour meditation here, I will briefly expand on the principles and colours as they are the basis for the technique for the 12 colour slow release Reiki pill.
Also known as the Mind-Body-Spirit Integration Meditation, the 12 color meditation, simply and powerfully balances our mind, body and spirit simultaneously. The 12 colours are divided into inner and outer colours. Each color surrounds the next in layers and each layer is linked and works in harmony with each other. They are:
– Expand from the center to fill all space within your body and just beyond the skin in this order:
White – core life force energy. If there is no white, there is no life.
Violet – Spirit. Intuition, link to the source of all life.
Indigo – Facilitates communication between spirit and body via the senses. Inner awareness of the physical body, link between physical and spiritual realms.
Metallic copper – Governs the neurological and cardiovascular systems.
Metallic silver – Governs bones, teeth , tendons, muscles, cartilages and nails.
Metallic gold – Governs the functions of all the organs, glands, soft tissues, skin, hair, eyes.
– Like a sea of colour, they flow from outside the body into its center, filling it and enveloping it in layers in this order:
Yellow – Holds the vibration of internal alignment with that which brings you the deepest sense of wellbeing. Spiritual integrity helps maintain the desire to live.
Emerald Green – Supports the emotional body in matters of self-love, self-worth and self-esteem.
Cyan – helps you speak your deepest truth, aligns your thoughts with your heart.
Safire Blue – link between brain and mind, creative thinking, ideas, spontaneity.
Magenta – compassion, universal love.
Mother of Pearl – outermost field of the body, protective field.
The preparation of the 12 colour of slow release Reiki pill is just as simple as the meditation:
- Visualise a small Reiki pill, filled with unlimited, self generating amounts of Reiki.
- Just as you would visualise the colours filling your body in the meditation, first visualise the 6 inner colours beaming from the center of the pill and filling all the space inside it and then creating a layer of each colour from the center of the pill to its edge, one at a time in the following order: white, violet, indigo, metallic copper, metallic, silver, metallic gold.
- Do the same for the outer colour, changing the direction of the colours from the outside into the center of the pill, like an ocean, filling it and enveloping it layer by layer with the outer colours in the following order: yellow, emerald green, cyan, safire blue, magenta and mother of pearl.
- Once all 12 colours are placed and evenly bright, insert Reiki symbols inside it, if you feel inclined to do so. You can insert whichever symbol you are drawn to at the time, and as many as you are guided to.
- Ask your Reiki guides and masters your work with, and the Universe to charge the pill with infinite amounts of Reiki and for it to release continuously and gradually in just the right amount for the receiver’s highest good for the next 24 hours.
- The pill is now ready! It looks very much like the energetic blueprint of a healthy cell. Visualise it descending through the crown of the person into the hara, just below the belly button, where it will slowly release Reiki and boost each and every colour in their body enhancing their blueprint for perfect health.
This process of visualisation is really quite brief and should take about a minute or so. It gets even quicker as you practice it as the colours come in instantly and promptly after a while. I like to use the slow release Reiki pill at the end of a treatment and distant healing on other people but I also find it invaluable for self healing, and a wonderful way to start the day with a healing meditation which keeps on giving and healing through the day. I find it very beneficial, try it and see what you think!
Free PDF chart download: We’ve created a PDF chart inspired by this article, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Isabela do Val Santana has been practising reiki since 2000. She is a Reiki Master teacher, Reflexologist, Aromatherapist , private Yoga instructor and Massage Practitioner in Vancouver, Canada. Her passion for complementary and alternative medicine led her to pursue a MSc Complementary Therapy: Bodywork at University of Westminster, London UK, which looked into ways of integrating complementary and alternative therapies into our current orthodox medicine for the greater benefit of public healthcare. Energy medicine is her primary focus and Reiki is part of her daily routine at home, at work and at every opportune moment. Isabela can be reached through her facebook page Reiki Yoga Integrated Bodyworks and email email@example.com.