Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
The phases of the moon bring about energetic changes. While the new moon energy helps us manifest that which serves our greater good, the Full Moon energy helps us release that which no longer serves us.
Reiki practice makes us aware of life patterns that do not work for us. Some examples of such patterns are:
1. The tendency to get entangled in toxic relationships over and over again.
2. Feeling certain toxic emotions such as anger, fear, jealousy etc repeatedly.
3. Attracting similar unhealthy patterns in different life situations (at work, family life, finances etc).
Reiki helps us release and heal such unhealthy patterns, provided we are open to letting them go. Full moon energy helps boost the process by creating fertile ground for the release of such patterns.
We often cling to unhealthy patterns because they give us a false sense of security. On a conscious level, we may recognise the unhealthy patterns in our lives. However, on a subconscious level, we may feel safer holding on to them than letting them go.
Do you recognise such a pattern in your life?
Do you wish you had the courage to let it go?
You can take the support of Reiki combined with Full Moon energy to work on releasing it.
Here is a simple release technique that can be incorporated with your Reiki self healing practice on Full Moon day.
- First and foremost, be honest with yourself and acknowledge the pattern that you wish to release.
- Make the decision to release it.
- On the evening of the Full Moon, set an intention to release this pattern from your energy field.
- Call upon your Reiki guides and Archangel Michael to guide you through the process.
- Invoke the distance symbol to help you heal all traces of this pattern from across space and time (including past lives). For this, you can draw/visualise the distance symbol on both your palms and lightly touch your Third Eye chakra. This will help to strengthen your intention.
- Next invoke the mental emotional symbol. Visualise or draw it on both your palms and place them lightly over your Third Eye.
- Finally, draw one large power symbol in front of you.
- If you are a third degree practitioner, you may invoke the Master symbol (by drawing it on your palms and placing them lightly over your Third Eye) before you move on to steps 5, 6 and 7.
- Call upon Archangel Michael to assist you with feeling courageous and to help you overcome all resistance towards releasing this pattern.
- Give yourself a full body Reiki treatment (as you do every day) and request your Reiki guide to help you release this pattern from your energy field. If feasible, do your Reiki practice outdoors in the moonlight or near a window from which the moon is visible.
- Once done, drink plenty of water and ground yourself.
- Thank the Higher Beings, Reiki and your Higher Self for their assistance.
- Ground yourself by getting back to your usual routine.
For the next one month, until the next Full Moon comes around, journal about your release and about how you are doing.
Do you notice any improvement?
Have you released all traces of this pattern or is there a bit more lingering in your energy field?
Has the occurrence of this pattern in your life reduced significantly?
If something remains, do not feel discouraged. Do this process again during the next phase of the Full Moon.
Keep in mind that even a wee bit of progress counts. Give yourself a pat on the back for trying your best. And leave the rest to your Higher Self.
Love and Light!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya on her blog at lightworkersonearth.com, on email at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook at Angel Light.