Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
No one who is in human form can be perfect and everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Whether we made mistakes consciously or unconsciously, most of us have experienced guilt at some point in our lives. It is easy to look back and fret over all the ways in which we could have made healthier choices or been more loving. But the truth is that the past is gone and no amount of feeling guilty is going to change things. There is no way we can undo anything we said or did. But what we can do is learn from the past and also heal the effects of our words and actions.
Guilt is rather heavy energy to be carrying around in our energy fields. The more we feel guilty, the more we develop cords that keep us stuck. It would therefore be beneficial to heal all traces of this burdensome emotion.
The first thing to understand and accept is that our so called mistakes happened because we were only doing the best we could with our level of awareness at any given point of time. This does not mean that we justify mistakes. It just means that we acknowledge the dark side of human nature and accept the fact that all humans give in to it at some point. The soul, which is our true self, is neither good nor bad. But when we are in human form, we have to accept the duality of Earthly life – the good exists along with the bad.
As Reiki practitioners, we slowly let go of everything that does not serve us and only retain those things that do serve us. Therefore, it makes sense to completely heal our energy fields of guilt and to allow higher proportions of love and positive energy to reside there.
The Angels exude energies of unconditional love and acceptance. We can take their assistance to work on healing guilt.
Here is how we can go about it:
- Choose an episode from your past that you feel guilty about.
- Light a white or violet coloured candle. Draw the distance symbol, mental-emotional symbol and power symbol over the flame. Also draw the Master symbol if you are attuned to it.
- Call on the Angels and request them to help you with this process of healing.
- Sit in front of the candle and recall the incident. Fully feel the guilt energy that has lodged itself in your energy field. Feel the regret and the feelings of shame (if any) over what happened. Allow the feelings to surface freely, without suppressing any of them.
- Place your palms over your mouth. As you feel the guilt, breathe out the energy that is surfacing into your palms. Then place your palms over the candle and pour the energy into the flame (like you would pour a drink from a jug). The energy would be transformed into light.
- Do this for as long as you feel like.
- Once done, place your palms over the flame to shake off any negative energy that may be lingering there.
- Drink some water and relax for a bit.
- As you relax, request the Angels to hug you. Also request them to fill you up with love or pink light which represents love. Visualise your energy field lighting up with love. You can also visualise this love or pink light flowing from you towards the person or situation in question. Not only does this act heal you but it also sends healing energy to the other person or situation across space and time.
- Finally, request Reiki to form a cocoon around you and seal the process by drawing the power and Master symbols.
Love is the greatest healing force in the Universe. It has the power to heal anything and everything. When you fill yourself up with love, you undo the effects of all so called mistakes across all of space and time. When we are aligned with love, we move one step closer to transcending duality. We transcend the good and the bad. We just are. We see the truth of who we are and guilt just drops of its own accord.
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya on her blog at lightworkersonearth.com, on email at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook at Angel Light.