Article by Angie Webster
Most of us don’t really enjoy cleaning our house, but you can infuse Reiki into the process and feel a real lift as you go through. It will pick you up and also make your whole house feel lighter and more energetically free.
Here are a few simple suggestions taken from my own housecleaning routine. Put on some music that makes you feel calm, yet motivated and try these out the next time you clean. I expect you’ll feel better about the process and I’m sure your home will feel very peaceful when you are done.
1. Start your housecleaning session by smudging your house. You may not feel you need to do this every time, depending on how many people live in your home and how many visitors you have. I do a big housecleaning once a week and I smudge each time. It is also a good idea to do this with any major cleaning, such as spring cleaning or when you clean out a room or a closet, as this will clear out any stale, heavy energies that have been lodged in those areas with old belongings. Set your new intentions for your home and seal it with Reiki in the walls and doors.
2. Send Reiki to your cleaning tools as you go. As you progress, take a moment to send Reiki to your vacuum, your broom and mop, your cleaning products. Each time you do this, you will feel refreshed as well and you will notice that the task you are performing seems lighter. This is one way that I enact the Reiki precept of “Just for today, I will do my work diligently and honestly”. Allow the energy of Reiki to flow directly through you into the tools for the task, for the greatest good. Allow it to help you see greater ways to love your home and allow it to support you. Allow it to help you see greater ways to give and receive love to those you share your home with, uplifting all of you.
3. Infuse the beds with Reiki as you make them. This helps with peaceful sleep and prevents disturbing dreams.
4. Infuse your pet’s food and water when you clean their bowls. This helps to boost the health benefits of the food and water and allows your pet to receive a boost of Reiki as they eat and drink. It balances the energy of the food and water, just as it does when you send Reiki to your own food and water.
5. Send Reiki to your plants when you water them and to their water, as well. Plants benefit from Reiki as much as any living thing! You will feel the pull of energy as they soak it up.
6. As you dust, send a Reiki blessing to the items and appliances you clean. This is as simple as shifting your state of mind to one of gratitude and allowing Reiki to flow from your eyes and hands as you dust. Be grateful for the computer, the TV, the refrigerator and all the food in it, the bookshelf and all the wonderful books it holds, for all the lovely items your home contains for you and for all the people you love who use them. Love them deeply. “Just for today I will be filled with gratitude”. Allow this energy to pour from you.
7. Any time you use water, bless it with Reiki. Whether you are doing dishes, cleaning the bathroom or taking a break to have a glass of water, make a point of saying ‘thank you’ and offering a brief blessing of Reiki to the water as it flows. We are so fortunate to have clean water running directly from our taps and we often take that privilege for granted. The tasks you perform would be much more difficult without it, so thank the water and bless it. Have gratitude for the bathroom itself and for the sink in which you can wash your dishes. Be especially grateful for the refreshing glass of water which you drink.
As you go through you housecleaning infusing everything with Reiki and bringing to mind the Reiki principles, you may still not enjoy cleaning your house–though you might!–but you will feel better and lighter. You can’t help but feel good when you are doing Reiki and the principles will shift your state of mind to a freer place. It is a myth that you have to dread cleaning! Sweep that myth away with the dust!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Angie Webster is a Reiki Master, Teacher, and Author. Angie’s primary focus is animal Reiki, which she adores. She teaches online classes on energy healing, flower essences, herbalism, and personal growth. Angie often works with nature healing and Earth healing, hoping to better understand our connection with Mother Earth. Angie is the author of Animal Reiki: How it Heals, Teaches & Reconnects Us with Nature and Reiki from A to Z. You can follow her at: angie-webster-healing.teachable.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/angiewebsterhealing).