Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
Forgiveness is easier preached than practised. It is easy to appreciate the value of forgiveness when all is well. But the test arises when we are put in real life situations that call for us to forgive.
It is hard to think clearly when people hurt us with their words and actions. It is even harder when people cheat or harm us and seemingly get away with it. I had a client who was feeling terrible about a company that had cheated her of her money. She was sad about the state of affairs in the world and angry with the people who had cheated her in so shameless a manner. She wanted the concerned people to learn bitter lessons for engaging in unethical practices. She was caught up in this rut and drained a lot of her energy in the process.
That is an example of a real life situation that calls for us to view things from a higher perspective and to “forgive” if we please. The word “forgiveness” sounds heavy to many people and they can’t get themselves to say it. They feel that by forgiving, they are allowing the perceived offenders to get away.
In truth, forgiveness is more about setting ourselves free. The Universe operates on the principles of cause and effect. Every action of ours will fetch us a reaction so we can grow and evolve. These principles apply to everyone, including you, me and all the people we have crossed paths with. When the Universe is in charge of bringing people the lessons they need, why must we carry the burdens of anger and resentment on our shoulders? By holding on to anger and the desire for revenge, we get caught in a never ending loop of karma and find ourselves with similar people over and over again. Now that we are aware of this, it makes sense to let the burden go.
We don’t have to use the word “forgive” if it doesn’t feel comfortable. We can instead use the word “release.” Knowing that a higher wisdom is in charge, we can release the people and situations that don’t serve our growth and break the karmic chain.
The Violet Flame is a powerful tool that we can use to help ourselves with this process of release.
Violet Flame for Energy Transformation
- In a quiet room, light a violet coloured candle and place it on a suitable surface. Light another white candle and place it next to the violet one. (You can also visualise the flames instead of using the candles).
- Ask your Reiki Guides and Angels to stand behind you and help you with this process.
- Take a few deep breaths and relax.
- Look at the violet flame and visualise the person with whom you are angry standing on the other side of the candle. As you look at this person, feel the anger and resentment you feel towards him or her fully.
- Locate the part of your body that holds these intense emotions. It will invariably be in the heart or solar plexus areas.
- Open up your palm and separate your fingers. Visualise them growing long.
- Use your extended fingers to scoop out the negative energy from the corresponding part of your body. Toss the energy into the flame of the violet candle and visualise it transforming into light.
- As you scoop out the energy, allow yourself to verbally express all the words that come to you in anger. The more you express, the more you will release. As you express, visualise all your words dropping into the violet flame and being transformed into light.
Release and Healing
- Now look into the flame of the white candle. This flame reflects purity, truth, love and innocence and it is the core of your being. Mentally move this light into the other person. The same light is present at the core of his/her being too.
- See this person’s energy field and sense the blocks and imbalances in it. Understand that these blocks are the root cause of the pain this person inflict on others. Be aware that the light shines in the background despite all the blocks that are seen on the exterior. When the time is right, this person will also heal and find the light within. At this point, you may feel compassion for this person. If you don’t, it’s OK.
- Now say, “I release you.” (Say this as many times as you feel like).
- As you release this person, see the physical and energy bodies of this person melting away, with only the light shining in the background.
- Now request the light of the white candle to wrap you up from head to toe and to wash away all traces of anger and resentment from your energy field.
- Finally make a ball of Reiki, infuse it with the symbols of your choice and place it in your crown chakra. Ask this ball to help every cell in your body absorb the healing that happened today.
- Thank your Guides, Angels, the Violet Flame and Reiki for their help.
- Relax and drink plenty of water.
Note: If you find yourself resisting this process of release, be gentle with yourself. Talk to your Guides and Angels who are standing right behind you and ask them to help you with this process. If you can’t complete the process in one session, take it easy and do a little bit in each session. It gets easier and easier with time!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer and Starseed Lightworker. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is deeply connected with the Stars and Angels and they form an integral part of her Reiki practice. Her core mission is to help bridge the worlds of Spirit and Science and to help people connect with their unique soul missions. Haripriya offers Reiki healing sessions and training programs in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at lightworkersonearth.com, whenspiritmeetsscience.com on email at email@example.com and on Facebook at Angel Light.