Many of our readers asked about ways for cleansing their crystals. In this article we will discuss different techniques that can be used for cleansing crystals before or after the Reiki session. For a powerful Reiki healing session that involves crystals, it is a good practice to cleanse your crystals before Reiki session as crystals become more energized and powerful once they are charged and cleaned. Crystals are considered as living things with energy vibrations in Reiki. As crystals come with their own powerful living energy vibrations, they assist in healing with Reiki. But crystals also tend to pick vibrations of people who touch them or vibrations from other things around them. So it is important to clean your crystals frequently, especially after or before a Reiki session. With cleansing of crystals, you make sure that your crystals only carry your vibrations.
There are number of Different ways to cleanse crystals. For our readers, we have summarized few good methods in this article.
- Meditate. One of the easiest and quick ways to clean your crystals is by holding crystals in palm of your hand in standing position. Focus on feeling that white clean light is passing through your crystal and clearing all negative energies, impurities and other’s energies. Make sure to wash your crystals with cold water thoroughly before meditating. Just use water for cleaning, do not use any soap or detergent ever.
- Taking Crystals Home. No, not at your home, but to home of crystals. Yes, take them where they originated from i.e. to mother earth. Bury them in the earth for some time to purify them from other energies. Although, this method works for most of the crystals but it is not effective for metal-based crystals.
- Using Sea Salt. Sea salt can be used with or without water to cleanse your crystals. Again, make sure that the crystal you are cleansing with sea salt and water is water tolerant. A good tip to remember is that crystal that ends with ‘’ite” are normally not good to cleanse with water. Once decided about the crystal to cleanse with sea salt, make a mixture of water and sea salt. Make sure to put the crystals in the solution for at least 24 hours. Similarly, if you are using dry sea salt, leave your crystals with dry sea salt for 24 hours. Do not use normal table salt as it contains other impurities.
- Throwing through flames. Another good method is to light a candle, place a pillow at one end and throw your crystals from other end through the candle flame so that it lands on the pillow. This method is effective if you want to quickly release negative energies from your crystal and waiting for 24 hours is not an option for you.
- Using Other Crystals. Some crystals come with an ability to relieve other crystals from negative energies. For example, you can use carnelian to clean tumbled and quartz crystals.
- Smudging. To smudge your crystals, you can use sage, cedar, pine, juniper, incense, lavender and even sweet grass. Pass the crystals through smoke from incense, or through your smudging stick to cleanse them from negative energy.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.