Article by Deborah Lloyd, Reiki Master
If you have read some of my past articles, you will find that I have discussed the emotion of fear several times. However, with the coronavirus pandemic, all of us may be experiencing fear in a stronger way, one that feels entirely different from anything we have ever known. In recent postings on social media the past few days, I have seen comparisons to World War II, the AIDS, Ebola and polio epidemics, and other worldwide events. Each of these postings point out the similarities, and differences, to this virus that currently has a grip on our world.
Reiki is an energy whose source is the Universal Life Force, and that Force is always based in love. Each of us may experience moments when we wonder – why would the Universe allow so many people to suffer illness and death? Why do nursing home patients have to sit alone in their rooms, with no visitors allowed? Why are our hospitals overwhelmed and our health care professionals at high risk for contracting the disease? Why are people dying alone, without support of spouses, children, or other loved ones?
While these questions may be uppermost in our minds, we also must remember everything happens for a reason. And, I’ve seen postings about this too.
- Is this an awakening for mankind, an awakening to the Universe and other spiritual forces?
- Are we being taught to focus on the most important things in our lives – our loved ones?
- Are we learning to be compassionate and kind?
- Are we gaining a better understanding of interconnectedness between all people, of all nations and cultures?
- Are we becoming more appreciative of Mother Earth?
These questions require much meditative pondering, and the answers we discover will aid in overcoming fear.
While it may be normal to have anxieties and fears, we should revisit the many gifts of Reiki to minimize them. The calming and peaceful effects of Reiki are the most obvious gift. But there are other benefits too.
Here are some other ways Reiki can help you:
- Reiki can help you to become more meditative and prayerful.
- Reiki can connect you to the Divine Source.
- Reiki will connect you to all people.
- Reiki will build your awareness and compassion, and it obliterates fear.
- Reiki will bring healing to the people you love, and to all people.
- Reiki will assist you in your awakening.
- Reiki always, always works for the highest good (even when we are not sure what it is).
Perhaps, most importantly, Reiki helps us to find gratitude. All of us have many blessings in our lives, and Reiki helps us to identify gifts we have received. And perhaps, living in gratitude is the best way to overcome fear.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Deborah Lloyd is a Usui and Karuna® Reiki Master and certified holistic therapy practitioner, providing Reiki sessions and training in Asheville, NC. Deborah is the author of two books, 22 Messages from the Archangels; and, Believe and it is True: A Story of Healing and Life Lessons. She is also one of the co-authors of Reiki 101: 101 Answers for Your Reiki Questions. Reach Deborah at http://www.deblloydhealing.com/, firstname.lastname@example.org and at Deb Lloyd Healing on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/deblloydhealing)