Article by Chanchal Mishra
Do you have a hard time detaching with people whom you need the least in your life? This dependency on your ‘source of love’ can be either fruitful or harm your soul as you move along in life. The stigma with detachment is that it is ‘insensitive’. But remember one thing that detaching from something that doesn’t serve you to your highest potential, needs to leave your energetic as well physical body. As hard as it may seem at first if you succeed in detaching yourself from the people in the right way. You might end up finding your balance again. The need of feeling wanted or adored won’t exist, YOU will be enough for yourself!
Now as we have discussed what detachment is, we can move on to exploring why detaching is so difficult and painful? Being ‘used to’ things, people and situations are what makes the whole idea of detachment so difficult! The thought that we need a shoulder to cry on, this particular sum of money from limited resources, or being in a repetitive situation just to feel that we are strong. The pull towards the ‘familiar’ is what brings us back to square one again and again.
Detachment is controlling your emotions rather than the emotions controlling you! It is being untouched by what is happening outside us and focuses on living a ‘wholesome’ life in which self-love is a priority. The idea here is to remove dependency that we create by being in a situation, being around particular people, or pretending to be strong.
- Sit or lie down in a calm space.
- Focus on your breath.
- Prioritize one thing from your checklist that you need to detach yourself from.
- For example, let’s imagine a particular person that you need to energetically let go off.
- Imagine all the emotions this person send you. The ‘need’ you feel for her/him. Imagine (and you know why) you need to let go off this person. This individual might have been sucking on your energy intentionally or unintentionally. How does this person’s aura feel to you, is it dark? Shady?
- Now is the time to let go of this person completely so you can move in the direction of your highest and greatest good.
- Bring your hand close to your heart, imagine all the heavy and dark energy this person has been sending you since the time this relationship started.
- Now with your palm act as if you are pulling all those heavy energies away from you. It might take some time as attachments can be tough to leave behind. Pull out with force.
- Hold this heavy energy in your palm in front of you as if you are holding a ball in front of you and pray: “Dear Archangel Michael, please cut all cords of negativity & unnecessary attachment between me and this person completely.”
- Imagine a big blue pair of scissors cutting all the cords between you and this energetic ball.
- Now blow out and affirm: “I am now free and full of love.”
- Imagine the energy ball going to god’s bright white light where it dissolves and transmutes.
- Send your blessings and relax now.
Remember one thing that everyone you meet reflects a repressed emotion of your being, if you have not been able to get enough love from an individual in your life, there is a chance that you do not love yourself enough! If you have been having a hard time controlling others, at a subconscious level you either are dominating or have suppressed thoughts and feelings that you need to let go of.
The idea of detachment is unusual at first, but once you get accustomed to it you will realize you can only make more space for positive things by letting go of the ones you don’t need in your aura.
Wishing you love and light
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Chanchal Mishra is a Certified Reiki Master and Angel Therapist. She also practices Kundalini Reiki, Crystal Reiki, Angel card reading, Money Reiki and Karuna ki. Chanchal completed her English Literature Master’s degree from Delhi University. She also completed her Post graduation in Fashion Marketing from California, USA. Chanchal loves to read and write. In her free time, she empowers others and provides guidance to those in need. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org