Article by Amisha Mehta
The Sanskrit word of Solar Plexus chakra is “Manipura” where mani means gem and pura means city. It is also called “Surya Chakra” as it provides pranic energy to the human body as the sun provides to the earth. It governs power, control, manifestation, confidence, success, self-discipline, etc.
It is a cosmic door providing entry for astral powers. It is the Hara center, a power center providing balance, stability, strength, and activity. It is where we can have a mental understanding of our emotional self.
People with “overactive Solar Plexus” tend to become judgmental and critical thereby easily finding faults in others. They are stubborn, rigid with their viewpoints and never budge from it. They are workaholic and are perfectionists and don’t settle anything below BEST.
People with “underactive Solar Plexus” suffer from emotional problems with themselves as well as others. Trusting on others becomes a major issue for them. They may feel timid as they over-think too much about their image in the eyes of others. They may also run on autopilot mode to avoid feelings of depression or anxiety. They may tend to seek approval from others leading to great dependency in their life.
When the Solar Plexus chakra is “balanced”, one can be in complete control over emotions and thoughts. It also provides physical energy, good digestion and vital. Emotionally people with balanced Solar Plexus chakra trust their instincts, self-esteem, confident, independent, intelligent, decisive, productive, mental focus and identity. They have a great appreciation of the people in their life. It radiates warmth and joy not only in their life but in all those lives that connect to them.
Here I am presenting a meditation that will help you keep your Solar Plexus chakra balanced. For better results one can combine this meditation with Reiki. You will require an internet connection, a picture of Solar Plexus chakra, candle diffuser, yellow colour candle, essential oil. Though they are optional, it gives an added touch to the whole meditation.
Solar Plexus Chakra Meditation:
- Sit in a relaxed and comfortable position in a clean place.
- You can sit in a mudra governing the Solar Plexus chakra.
- You can start instrumental music related to Solar Plexus chakra from youtube if it doesn’t disturb you.
- You can light a yellow colour candle and add an essential oil like lemongrass, ginger, cinnamon, etc to the candle diffuser.
- Take three deep breaths and start looking at the Solar Plexus chakra picture for few minutes and then slowly close your eyes and calm yourself taking in deep breathes, letting the energy of Reiki cover your body till you feel you are ready to start with your meditation.
- Start with imagining a beautiful shade of yellow at the Solar Plexus chakra and chant the beej mantra “Rum” for a few minutes.
- You can start with chanting “Rum” at a higher pitch with prolonged “M”. Let the sound get absorbed in your system.
- Then as you breathe in and out deeply ask the inner light of your holy spirit to cleanse and dissolve all the darkness from your Solar Plexus chakra by saying “I release all fears and struggles concerning my power and control to the beautiful healing light within me. I have perfect power and control now.”
- Then start saying the affirmations (listed below) that you resonate the most and repeat them as many times as you can depending on the time you have. The more you say affirmations, the quicker the result.
- Then imagine as if your Solar Plexus chakra is perfectly balanced and that all your concerns have been healed. Be in this mode for a few minutes.
- Take a deep breath and state “I graciously accept and fearlessly activate all of my power now. This power, which is the power of oneness with God and all of creation, has pure motivations to love and to serve all of life. I create a beautifully loving and harmonious day for myself, and all of my interactions with others today come from this place of loving power”
- Be in this moment for a few minutes. Smile and slowly and gently open your eyes.
- I rule from a place of authentic power and control. I am worthy. I set boundaries with ease as an act of self-care and self-respect.
- I am open to new ways of doing things.
- I embody confidence and inner peace.
- I am entirely comfortable being in power.
- I am free from limitations from others.
- I manifest with ease and grace.
- I am free from the need to be in control of everything in life.
- I am free from the need to be always right.
Other techniques for balancing Solar Plexus chakra are as follows:
- Taking a walk out in the sun, sitting in front of a fire can help one balance Solar Plexus chakra naturally.
- One can play ‘E’ note on any musical instrument for balancing Solar Plexus chakra.
- One can hear instrumental music which is on 320Hz. One can keep the music on and keep working. It will still balance Solar Plexus chakra.
- One can eat corn, bananas, turmeric, oats, etc. to keep their Solar Plexus chakra balanced.
- One can keep yellow jasper, amber, citrine, etc. for balancing Solar Plexus chakra.
- One can do yoga poses as Dhanurasana, Setu-Bandhasana, Dronasana, etc. to balance your Solar Plexus chakra.
Hoping the above procedure will help you to balance your Solar plexus Chakra. In case of any doubts or further assistance, one can get in touch with me.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
After 6 years of corporate job as Equity Research Analyst, Amisha Mehta took a break for her marriage. After settling down in her new home, she started organizing events in 2012 at orphanages, old age homes, street school and on outskirts of Mumbai once every month for 5 years. While she was satisfied doing social service she was looking out for something which would give her financial independence and ended up getting attuned for Reiki. As she always says, Reiki chose her and she started the journey of healing. Afterward, there was no looking back for her. Along with her healing and attunements, she also runs Access Bars for her clients. She also makes customized candles for healing as required by other healers. She has her own whatsapp group group called Soul_Reconnect where she sends inspirational posts, shares tips on various matters, helps with techniques, etc. Reach Amisha at email@example.com or by phone at 9820852076.