Article by Rinku Patel
The Sanskrit name of the Root chakra is Mooldhara chakra. It defines our basic survival instincts, our connection to Mother Earth and our roots, sexuality, stability, security, being grounded, materialism and more.
Signs of Balanced Root chakra – Safety feeling, no insecurities, no greediness, being grounded, prosperity, connected to Mother Earth and our roots, balanced sex life, confident, mindful
Symptoms of Overactive Root chakra – Ungrounded, controlling, living in fear, anger issues, lacks stamina, recklessness, depression, feels deprived of everything, negative in nature, lack of security, aggressive, greedy, materialistic, sexual obsession, impulsive, hyperactive
Symptoms of Underactive Root chakra – Abandonment issues, fears all the time, lack of security, anxious and nervous, manipulative, disconnection with the outside world, possessive, lack of sexual interest, always seeking approval of others, fatigue issues
Sanskrit name – Mooldhara chakra
Location – Base of spine
Color – Red
Associated organs – Large intestine, spine, reproductive organs, Immune system, legs, adrenal glands
Related diseases/issues – Addictions, Addictive Behaviour, Ankle problems, Anorexia, Backaches, Blood diseases, Bones, Cold feet, Constipation, Colitis, Depression, Diarrhoea, Eczema, Frequent urination, Gambling, Glaucoma, Haemorrhoids, Hips, Hypertension, Impotence, Itching, Kidney stones, Knee problems, Leg cramps, Menstrual Problems, Money addiction, Migraines, Obesity, Pain at base of spine, Piles, Prostate cancer, Rectal cancer, Spine problem, Sciatica, Skin problems, Stomach problems, Swollen Ankle, Weak legs, Weight problems.
Crystals for Root chakra – Red Jasper, Garnet, Bloodstone, Hematite, Smoky Quartz, Black Tourmaline, Black Obsidian, Grey Jasper, Red Tigers eye, Snowflake Obsidian
Essential Oils for Root chakra – Patchouli, Ylang-ylang, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Cypress, Myrrh
Food for Root chakra – Strawberry, Raspberry, Apple, Pomegranate, Tomatoes, Red Radish, Beetroot
Beej Mantra – LAM
- “I am secure in myself and in this world.”
- “I am grounded, I am rooted.”
How to heal-
- Self-healing – Whenever you are doing self-healing, you can keep chanting LAM or the affirmations. Or you can simply give reiki to your Root chakra with the intention to unblock and balance the chakra.
- Distant healing – When you are healing others, set your intention to heal Root chakra and also you can chant affirmation on their behalf.
- Meditation – Meditate on the Root chakra. Visualize a vibrant red ball spinning clockwise, absorbing all the blockages and transmuting it to divine positive energies to energise and balance your Root chakra.
- Crystal healing – Take any of the Root chakra stones and program it with its chakra affirmation, mantra or intention to balance the Root chakra. Lie down and simply place the stone on Root chakra for 20 minutes or carry the stone around with you. Alternatively, you can give Reiki by hovering your hands over the chakra stones.
- Water – Hold water bottle between palms. Set the intention to cleanse, activate and balance the Root chakra. Chant Root chakra affirmation minimum 28 times while giving Reiki. You can even chant LAM 108 times. Now you have a bottle filled with Root chakra affirmations and mantras. Consume the water.
- Simply chant – Chant the affirmations or mantra whenever you are free.
- Essential Oils – Dab a drop of any of the mentioned essential oil on foot, knees, and thighs. Since it would be difficult to dab oil on the Root chakra, we dab on related smaller chakras/organs.
- Food – Include any of the mentioned or any other food associated with Root chakra in your daily diet.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Rinku Patel is a Reiki Master Teacher, Doreen Virtue certified-Angel intuitive, Fairyologist, Realm Reader, Crystal healer, Angel card reader, and Indigo card reader. Other than that she is a Certified Tarot card reader and spiritual writer. Rinku can be reached via her email address firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook at Reiki The Miracle Healing