Article by Anna Marks
Most people who know anything about Reiki most likely have some knowledge of Dr. Mikao Usui.
Here’s five less known things about Dr. Mikao Usui, the founder of the spiritual practice known as Reiki.
- Back in Mikao Usui’s time, the child has given the family name and the father’s name after the father’s death. Therefore, it is said Mikao Usui is also known as No-Tsunetane and No-Uzaemon, his father’s names, and Usui is the family name acquired after an ancestor conquered the city called Usui back in the 15th century.
- The Reiki precepts understood as a code of conduit and adopted from the Meiji Emperor’s admonitions were natural for Mikao Usui since he was raised as a samurai from childhood and his ancestors were the once influential Chiba clan and Hatamto samurai which were in direct service of the feudal Japanese military government.
- Mikao Usui adapted each Reiki training period depending on the spiritual progress of each student so had no standards, specific hand positions, procedures or manuals. All was based on his intuition and higher guidance! The basic 12 hand positions and the attunements procedures were developed by Dr. Hayashi.
- A very important aspect of Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai Society founded by Usui himself in 1922 is Reiji-ho technique (the hands are naturally drawn to the area that needs healing). Current membership to the Reiki Ryoho Gakkai is intentionally limited and by invitation only.
- Previous to those 21 days in a cave on Mount Kurama, Usui experienced a 3 years quest to know the purpose of life which led him to a special state of consciousness with a perfect sense of peace no matter the circumstances called An-shin Ritus-mei.
Bonus Tip: The greatest way to succeed in your Reiki healing work according to Dr. Mikao Usui is to practice Hatsurei Ho meditation.
With deep gratitude let’s celebrate Dr. Usui’s birthday and send him lots of Reiki blessings through our Hatsureiho meditation practice.
May his inner light keep guiding the paths of those in need for deep healing.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Anna Marks is part of the Reiki Rays Team since 2016. She is a freelance writer and a freelance soul. Although she got in touch with many healing methods and teachings, her journey made her realize we are our own authority and there is only one Truth that unite us all – unconditional love. She has only one thought for you – Learn to love yourself just as much as God loves you. Reach Anna at email@example.com.