Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
Gratitude is a simple yet powerful practice. It opens the heart and nourishes the soul. When we learn to recognise and acknowledge our blessings, our perspective on life undergoes a positive high vibrational shift. This shift in perspective also shifts our energy. When our energy shifts internally, many aspects of our outer existence also shift automatically.
As we know, one of the five principles of Reiki formulated by Mikao Usui states, “Just for today, I will be grateful.”
Simple as it sounds, this principle, when put into practice carries tremendous power.
Try living in gratitude to experience the joyful shift that this practice can bring about!
How to Practice
One of the easiest and most effective ways is to maintain a gratitude journal and pen down your gratitude in it every morning (or evening). Morning works great because it helps kick start the day on a positive note. Evening may work better for those who prefer to wrap up the day on a happy note and retire for the night.
What to be Grateful for
Simply look around you and you will discover a whole lot of things to be grateful for. For instance:
- Waking up in the morning after a restful night’s sleep
- Breathing in and out
- Health and wellness
- The physical body
- The air and the sunshine
- The chirping of the birds
- Home and living comforts
- Family and friends
- Money and abundance
- Food and water
- And of course, the presence of Reiki in our lives!
You could be grateful for just about anything that is a blessing in your life! There is really no limit if we actually take the time to sit down and count our blessings. There are numerous little blessings within the broader framework of blessings listed above. For example, along with being grateful for the entire physical body, we may choose to be grateful to specific body parts and organs. We can be grateful for our eyes, hands, legs, heart, stomach etc. When it comes to our home, we may choose to be grateful for specific gadgets and amenities within our home that make our life comfortable. So on and so forth with every other aspect of our lives.
And how can we bring the Reiki element into our gratitude practice?
- Every time you write down gratitude in your journal, draw the Reiki power symbol on the page. This will help to magnify the power of gratitude in your life. And guess what? The more you are grateful, the more you will recognise and receive to be grateful for.
- Visualise the power symbol on your Heart chakra and affirm often- “I am grateful for the blessings of life. I am grateful for this gift of life.”
Sample Gratitude Affirmations
- I am grateful for the gift of life
- I am grateful to my physical body
- I am grateful to every cell in my body
- I am grateful for a good night’s sleep
- I am grateful for my family
- I am grateful for my job
- I am grateful to be a parent
- I am thankful for the presence of Reiki in my life
- I am grateful to be who I am
- I am grateful for my home and for all the comforts of life
- I am grateful to every soul who helps make life easier for me
- I am grateful for the money that circulates in my life
- I am grateful for all the blessings of life
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer and Starseed Lightworker. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is deeply connected with the Stars and Angels and they form an integral part of her Reiki practice. Her core mission is to help bridge the worlds of Spirit and Science and to help Lightworkers connect with their unique soul missions. Haripriya offers Personalised Starseed Transmissions, apart from workshops in Reiki and Angel Healing. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at lightworkersonearth.com, empoweredmedicine-hospitaldiaries.com on email at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook at Angel Light.