Article by Ashwini Chubé
22nd December is being celebrated as the Winter Solstice. In the Northern hemisphere this is the Darkest Night of the year. They say the sun is reborn. After this Night the sun gets brighter and brighter ie: days get longer and nights shorter. This is the time for renewal and hope (the case is exactly opposite in the southern hemisphere and this day is the summer solstice).
Winter Solstice celebrates the transition of Sun in Uttarayana (Sanskrit for shifting direction towards north) or what they call as shifting towards the north. Scientifically this is due to the tilted axis of the earth.
How is it significant to us Reiki healers?
This day marks a shift in energy as the sun changes direction. The mother earth is technically resting in winter and the sun reaches zero degrees of zodiac. The ancient traditions of the west also called this day as Yule which marked mid winter.
Thus the solstice is the time where in you can take inventory of the year gone so far and step into the new year with better hopes and dreams with a promise to make yourself grow much better in the new year.
Additionally, you can also connect to Archangel Jeremiel – the angel who helps you take your own life inventory. Jeremiel’s name means ‘Mercy of God’ and he facilitates any changes you need in your life to make it more positive. As Doreen Virtue says “Take inventory of your life, and resolve to change or heal anything that’s unbalanced.”
Winter Solstice prayer to be done on 22nd December
Below is a simple prayer you can do on 21st December preferably in the evening.
What do you need
- 2 pieces of paper
- Blue or red ink pen
- Black ink pen
- A candle
- Be in a space where you won’t be disturbed
- Invoke Reiki energy or Reiki Symbols in all 4 directions
- Also on both the papers draw 4 CKRs on 4 corners and a huge master symbol on top (Skip this step if you are level 1 practitioner )
- Light a Candle symbolizing return of light
- On the piece of paper write down all the good things that you achieved with blue or red ink
- Now say “Thank you for blessing this year with all the good things…May the good things last and magnify with blessings from Reiki masters”
- On another paper write with a black pen all the things which you wish to release
- Hold the paper and say “Thank you for the lessons. I have learnt that the problems I have, are created by my fears. I am now releasing them. Thank you”
- Now take a deep breath and say: “May the new direction of the Sun bring in a new positive direction in my life.”
Greetings to all for a very happy Solstice and may this period bring the most positive and beautiful changes in your life.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Ashwini Chube is a Motivational Speaker, Life Transformation Trainer, Wellness coach, Spiritual Teacher, Access Consciousnesses Bars Facilitator & Reiki Grandmaster. Ashwini is also a Writer, an avid blogger and is currently working on her 2 upcoming self help and spiritual books.
She has founded the company Unicorn Insight with a vision to create a world where the world runs on consciousness, joy abundance and love instead of fear, lack and scarcity. Ashwini's mission is to empower individuals to know who they truly and authentically are and help them tap in their power. Unicorn Insight has been instrumental in transformations of lives - whether it is through individual one on one coachings, group workshops, corporate trainings or motivational talks.
Ashwini is a former Investment banker and holds an MBA in finance having worked in Corporate world of Banking and Mergers and Acquisitions with Banks like Morgan Stanley and RBS for 8 years in Mumbai and London before she pursued her calling in 2015.
Get in touch with Ashwini through her Website: www.unicorninsight.com or at email@example.com. Her Facebook page is: facebook.com/ashwinichubeofficial