Article by Ashwini Chubé
21st December is being celebrated as the Winter Solstice. In the Northern hemisphere this is the Darkest Night of the year. They say the sun is reborn. After this Night the sun gets brighter and brighter ie: days get longer and nights shorter. This is the time for renewal and hope (the case is exactly opposite in the southern hemisphere and this day is the summer solstice).
Winter Solstice celebrates the transition of Sun in Uttarayana (Sanskrit for shifting direction towards north) or what they call as shifting towards the north. Scientifically this is due to the tilted axis of the earth.
How is it significant to us Reiki healers?
This day marks a shift in energy as the sun changes direction. The mother earth is technically resting in winter and the sun reaches zero degrees of zodiac. The ancient traditions of the west also called this day as Yule which marked mid winter.
Thus the solstice is the time where in you can take inventory of the year gone so far and step into the new year with better hopes and dreams with a promise to make yourself grow much better in the new year.
Additionally you can also connect to Archangel Jeremiel – the angel who helps you take your own life inventory. Jeremiel’s name means ‘Mercy of God’ and he facilitates any changes you need in your life to make it more positive. As Doreen Virtue says “Take inventory of your life, and resolve to change or heal anything that’s unbalanced.”
Winter Solstice prayer to be done on 21st December
Below is a simple prayer you can do on 21st December preferably in the evening.
What do you need
- 2 pieces of paper
- Blue or red ink pen
- Black ink pen
- A candle
- Be in a space where you won’t be disturbed
- Invoke Reiki energy or Reiki Symbols in all 4 directions
- Also on both the papers draw 4 CKRs on 4 corners and a huge master symbol on top (Skip this step if you are level 1 practitioner )
- Light a Candle symbolizing return of light
- On the piece of paper write down all the good things that you achieved with blue or red ink
- Now say “Thank you for blessing this year with all the good things..May the good things last and magnify with blessings from Reiki masters”
- On another paper write with black pen all the things which you wish to release
- Hold the paper and say “Thank you for the lessons. I have learnt that the problems I have are created by my fears. I am now releasing them. Thank you”
- Now take a deep breath and say: May the new direction of the Sun bring in a new positive direction in my life.
Greetings to all for a very happy Solstice and may this period bring the most positive and beautiful changes in your life.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
After doing her MBA in finance and working for 8 years in investment banking Ashwini discovered her life purpose and decided to make a choice to be a transformational trainer, life coach, motivational speaker, and a spiritual teacher. She says Reiki helped her find her soul mission.
In 2016 May Ashwini founded Unicorn Insight – a corporate training company. Unicorn Insight trained over 100 people in the first 15 months. Ashwini also founded and runs a recruiting and networking firm – Tree of life. Ashwini has co-founded Urja Wellness and Joy for wellness and all these brands are now part of the Unicorn Group.
Ashwini is a master teacher of Usui Reiki, Violet Flame healing, Angelic healing and is an Access bars facilitator. She has been certified as a trainer by Dale Carnegie. Ashwini is also a mind trainer, an angel card, and tarot reader as well as a teacher and conducts workshops on Reiki, Violet flame, Law of Attraction, Gratitude, Vision Boards and Angels, Unicorns, Dragons, Akashic records and is a certified Fairiologist. She is a regular speaker at HELP talks Mumbai. The Breakthrough workshop is a life-changing workshop where she teaches tools to empower and change your life.
Get in touch with Ashwini through her Website: www.unicorninsight.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her Facebook page is: www.facebook.com/unicorninsight