Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
The New Year is a great opportunity to start things anew. It is a time in which we can choose to make new choices, embrace new opportunities and welcome the new into our lives. The excitement surrounding the New Year fades away with time. However, the energy behind our intentions for the year stays.
As Reiki practitioners, we have the privilege of adding the Reiki touch to everything that we do. We can send Reiki ahead into the New Year and intend that it brings about the best for us on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual planes.
We all know that Reiki can be sent across space and time. So, this New Year let us take the opportunity to do just that!
We will not focus on specific intentions but will just aim to charge the entire year with Reiki. We will intend to create the best in every aspect of our lives- health, wealth, relationships, joy, peace and spiritual growth and leave the details to Reiki. With this intention firmly planted in our hearts, we will start the New Year on a positive note.
Do this short meditation on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day and kick start the year with Reiki! You will need a candle and a clear quartz crystal (or any other crystal that helps with manifestation) to do this.
- Light a candle or a lamp.
- Have a clear quartz crystal placed before you(cleansed beforehand).
- Draw all the Reiki symbols that you are attuned to in the air. (If you are not attuned to symbols yet, you can just intend that you are enveloped in a cocoon of Reiki and request Reiki to help you).
- Draw the power symbol all around you and intend that you are sealed in a cocoon of Reiki.
- Draw the distance symbol on each of your palms to aid with sending Reiki into the future.
- Pick up the clear quartz crystal and place it between your palms. Allow the crystal to receive Reiki for a minute or so. The crystal energy will now work alongside the Reiki energy to help send Reiki into the future.
- As you hold this crystal between your palms, say aloud, “I am ready for this beautiful New Year. I create a life that is filled with abundance, joy, love, peace and blessings. I deserve to lead a wonderful life. So be it. Thank you.”
- Now your crystal is charged with positive energy for the New Year and it is time to imprint this energy into your energy field.
- Holding the crystal in your dominant hand, wave it over your entire body (making circular movements from head to toe). As you do this, intend that this higher energy is imprinted in your energy field where it stays with you for the entire year, helping you create the beautiful life you so deserve.
- Once done, place your crystal safely aside. Express your gratitude to Reiki, to the candle and to the crystal for their assistance.
- Begin the New Year on a positive note and expect the very best for yourself!
Here’s wishing you a delightful and blessed New Year!
Note: In case you do not work with crystals, you can still do this process by just waving your Reiki charged hands (Step 5) over your body. You can skip the crystals bits. And in case you like working with crystals but do not have clear quartz in your collection, the New Year may be the ideal time to gift yourself this amazing crystal.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya on her blog at lightworkersonearth.com, on email at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook at Angel Light.