Article by Justine Melton
Negativity is something that I have covered a few different times here on Reiki Rays. There are always so many questions surrounding negative energy. Once people realize that their life is being affected by negative energy it is usually because the level of negativity has gotten so strong that the client is left feeling desperate and in crisis mode. It is not noticed until it is completely overwhelming. This is because negativity creeps in slowly. Although possible it rarely takes over your life overnight.
I’d like to discuss how to stop negativity in its tracks before ever getting to need to do a large cleanse, aura sweep, cord cutting, psychic surgery, etc to rid your life of darkness.
How does negativity sneak in? Negativity sneaks in by infiltrating everyday activities. It slowly starts to come through television shows that you watch, music that you listen to, movies, books, newspapers, facebook, etc… Once it starts coming through it will slowly build and start to “zap” you. One of the ways it most commonly does this is by sucking away your energy. You begin to feel tired all of the time. You may start to have problems sleeping at night. Because you are more tired than usual you may start to eat more convenient fatty foods that hold a low vibration. You then start to attract other people that hold a low vibration and/or your relationships with people at a high vibration might start to suffer. Depression often sets in and from there it is a very slippery slope.
This example is not meant to scare you but to bring awareness to how easy it is for negativity and lower vibrations to enter your life.
Choices you can make to keep negativity out of your everyday life:
1. Pay attention!
2. Do not entertain anything that is negative. Again, this goes back to pay attention! Notice what is playing on your television, computer, phone, radio, etc. Believe it or not television shows, movies, music, chatrooms, etc all carry a vibration. Is it high, positive and loving or is it low and dark? Only allow/watch things with a positive vibration.
3. Trust your gut! If something instantly makes you feel depleted it is most likely something with a lower vibration.
4. Keep your home and work environment clean. Negativity attaches to clutter. Don’t give it a spot to cling to.
5. Use Reiki to routinely cleanse your home about once a month. I always suggest doing it the first week of every month. This welcomes in the new month with a fresh start as well.
6. Surround yourself in a “spiritual condom” with Reiki. Think of it as a white light that nothing dark can penetrate. Visualize a white light surrounding you. Say something like, “I surround myself in the white light of God’s love and Divine protection.” Pick something that matches your own personal beliefs. Make one large Master or Power Symbol over this white bubble. Do this every morning or at night when you are going to bed.
7. Get crazy with Reiki! Send it to your food, your animals, your plants and yourself!
8. Keep in contact with like minded people who can lift you up on a bad day.
9. Have no fear. Be confident and know that white light is power.
Wishing you all love and light.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.