Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
Intuition is the capacity to know things without knowing how you know them. It is the ability to understand things without the use of logical reasoning. The ability to be intuitive is not bestowed on a lucky few. People who appear to be naturally intuitive have chosen to develop their intuitive abilities. They develop it over years and often over lifetimes. We all have the ability to develop our intuition. We just have to be open to it.
Intuition is related to the third eye chakra and to the right hemisphere of the brain. Generally speaking, women are known to trust and develop their intuition more easily than men. But it is also possible for men to be intuitive, provided they are open to it. The third eye chakra must be open and balanced for us to tap into our intuitive side. To make the best use of our intuitive capacities, it would be ideal to have all the chakras open and well balanced. Trying to open only the third eye when the rest of the chakras are imbalanced will not be very helpful.
Reiki practice is one of the perfect tools that can help us achieve and maintain a clear chakra system. The more we heal ourselves with Reiki, the more we open up to developing our intuition in a healthy, whole and balanced manner.
We cannot become intuitive through a forceful attempt to open the third eye. It has to unfold naturally. Be regular with Reiki practice and trust Reiki to show you the path.
Meanwhile, begin to take a few practical steps that can help you get started on the path to developing your intuition.
- Reiki Self Healing – The simplest way to start is to trust your intuition whenever you give yourself Reiki. Move your hands from one position to the next when you feel that you must, rather than when you think you must. In the early days of your practice, it is OK to have a timer and give Reiki to each of the chakras for a fixed time period. But with time, allow yourself to rely more on your intuition and give yourself Reiki accordingly. Also allow yourself to be intuitive with your hands. If your hands are giving Reiki to a particular chakra but you suddenly feel them being pulled to another chakra, what will you choose to do? Would you insist on following a predetermined sequence? Or would you listen to the body and move your hand to the other position? If you wish to develop your intuitive capacities, choose the latter option.
- Offering Reiki to Others – Trust your intuition while offering Reiki to others, be it in person or distance. Trust all the impressions you receive without stopping to analyse them. If you sense blocks and imbalances in certain chakras trust the information you receive. Even if you or your clients do not understand the information immediately, do not discard it as invalid. Make a note of it and invariably it will begin to make sense. In order to feel confident about the intuitive impressions you receive for others, you must first master being intuitive with your own self. Thereafter, being intuitive with others will not seem hard.
- Trust your Gut Feelings – Ever had a strong feeling that something was not right or that you must not venture on a certain life path? Or that something was right and that you must pursue it? And you ignored the feeling, only to realise in hindsight that your inner voice was right. We often do not take these gut feelings seriously as we have not been trained to pay attention to inner guidance. In order to become more intuitive, begin to place more trust in your gut feelings. They are messages from your inner reservoir of wisdom. True intuitive messages will always feel safe, loving and empowering. If they lack these qualities, they are more likely to be the voice of your ego and not your intuition.
- Balance Rationality with Intuition – We are mostly trained to be logical and rational, which in itself is not bad. It becomes a hindrance only when rationality dominates our lives to such an extent that the voice of our intuition fades out. Be rational when you must. But trust the power of your intuition too. The more you trust your intuition, the stronger it will grow. Your intuition is nothing but the voice of your Higher Self.
- Crystal Work – Crystals such as amethyst and clear quartz help with balancing the third eye. When used alongside Reiki practice, their energy can help heal blocks to intuition. Wearing crystal pendants and bracelets or simply having them in your vicinity can help. Remember to cleanse all crystals thoroughly and charge them with Reiki on a regular basis.
Take small steps towards trusting your intuition. Your openness to being intuitive is all that is necessary for your intuitive capacities to blossom. The rest will be accomplished through regular Reiki practice.
Love and Light!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya on her blog at lightworkersonearth.com, on email at email@example.com and on Facebook at Angel Light.