Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
The written word is powerful. Writing is an effective way to facilitate healing. And for this, we are going to use a nice healing instrument called a Reiki Journal.
A Reiki Journal is a book in which you can record your experiences and intentions, gain clarity on troublesome issues, communicate with guides and angels and express yourself without any inhibitions. A Reiki Journal is special because it is infused with Reiki and everything that goes into in would receive Reiki. It can be a faithful friend to you and help you in amazing ways. It can help you keep track of your progress with healing as you can always go back and refer to it anytime.
Create your Reiki Journal
- Choose a book that appeals to you.
- Before you begin using it, give Reiki to it for a few minutes. Place your palms on the book and bless it.
- Draw the Reiki symbols on the first page and decorate it in any other way that you feel like.
Your journal is ready for use!
Uses of a Reiki Journal
The Reiki Journal can be used in two ways. One is for self expression and the other is for communication with Guides and Angels. Remember to date each journal entry as it will help you track your progress over time.
This means you just express yourself from time to time. You can write about:
- Your experiences of the day and any significant events that transpired
- Your feelings and the positive and negative emotions you felt during the day
- Any healing you experienced and any learning that happened
- The things and people you are grateful for in your life
- Anything and everything that will help you grow as a person
Remember your journal is a friend and a healing instrument. So, write without inhibitions as that is when it will fetch best results. Draw any symbols that you are guided to alongside your writing. Give Reiki to your writing for a minute or so or just place a ball of Reiki over it to keep the energy working. This practice can help you achieve amazing clarity of mind.
Communication with Guides and Angels
You can also use your journal to communicate with beings from higher realms such as Reiki Guides, Angels, Archangels and Ascended Masters. This can be in a question answer format, where you note down your question and then record the answer that your guides and angels give you. Alternately, you can just describe your issue, surrender the issue and then allow healing to take place in its own time.
If you wish to communicate with Higher Beings and receive guidance from them through your writing, you will need to put your logical mind aside and trust your intuition.
Here’s how you do it:
- Create a meditative space by lighting a candle and playing some soothing music.
- Take a few deep breaths and connect with your Masters, Guides and Angels. Request them to deliver guidance through your writing.
- Visualise a shield of white light around you (including your journal and pen) and intend that nothing other than true spiritual guidance is able to penetrate your field.
- Place a ball of Reiki over the page and then write down your question.
- Without pausing to think, write down the next few words that come spontaneously to you. This is your guidance from the higher realms; the answer to your question. This process which is often referred to as channelling can be done by everyone. It just takes some practice and a willingness to trust your intuition. The trick is to write down whatever pops into your awareness spontaneously and to not get hung up on analysing the information. If you stop to analyse, the flow is lost and the information coming in can no longer be guaranteed to be accurate.
- Keep in mind that true spiritual guidance would not be scary or harmful to you or anyone else. It will always feel safe, loving and empowering. If you receive guidance that does not feel right, discard it and do the exercise again after a while.
- When you intuitively feel that you must stop, you can stop writing. Thank your Higher Self and all the Higher Beings who communicated their guidance to you. Read all that has been recorded and interpret the guidance in the context of your situation. Proceed with action steps to implement this guidance in your life.
This exercise will help awaken the wisdom that is latent in you. Your Masters, Guides and Angels are not telling you something you don’t already know. They are only helping you discover the answers to all the questions that you have!
This exercise can empower you to heal independently more often. If it seems difficult, you can start by asking simple questions and move on to the more challenging ones when you are more confident. Be patient with yourself and keep practising as practice makes perfect.
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya on her blog at lightworkersonearth.com, on email at email@example.com and on Facebook at Angel Light.