Imagine the journey of healing with Reiki to be a vast ocean.
When we receive the first degree attunement, we barely touch the water. Nevertheless, a process of deep cleansing and healing is initiated.
The second degree takes us a little deeper into the water. It helps issues that need deeper healing rise up to the surface.
Both the first and second degrees bring many blessings to our lives. They also bring a good deal of discomfort to many, as the body and mind adapt to new ways of being and looking at life.
The Master Degree in Usui Reiki introduces one to the symbol Dai Ko Myo. This is a powerful symbol that facilitates healing at the level of the soul. After this attunement, we go really deep into the ocean and find rich treasures buried underneath. We lay our hands on these treasures and our soul awakens. This awakening has a further impact on the body and mind. The cells of the body respond positively to this shift in consciousness. Every cell is literally bathed in divine light. This causes phenomenal healing. As light floods in, there is no place for darkness of any kind to remain.
Blessings of the Master Degree
- All residual pain stored in the energy field comes up to be healed.
- Karmic healing is brought to completion.
- Past life healing occurs.
- Brings awareness of the Ego’s role in our lives and of the suffering we have inflicted on ourselves by identifying with it.
- Helps establish a stronger connection with our true self; the Soul.
- Helps the heart chakra open up. We begin the journey towards a state of unconditional love, true forgiveness and compassion.
- Helps us reclaim our power and take complete responsibility for our lives.
- Helps us master the law of attraction and manifest everything that is in our best and highest interest. The Universe supports us by putting us in the right places at the right time.
- Helps us connect easily with Guides, Angels, Archangels and other higher beings and thereby facilitates profound healing for us and for others.
- Encourages us to be a guiding light for others who need help with healing.
The Reiki Master Title
The Master Degree also confers upon practitioners the rather controversial title of ‘Reiki Master.’
Much is said about the title of Reiki Master. Some views point at the title being ego based and burdensome. As per other views, it is just a title and does not imply that one is superior in any way.
But what if we could look at the title in a new light? We may just find a deeper meaning to it.
The title of Reiki Master is about the potential the Master Degree holds for us to master our own selves.
Mastery over self is not an egoistic affair. It is not done to impress others with our healing skills or qualifications. It is not to show that we are superior to the rest of the world, because we are not. The same light shines within everyone and souls incarnate to learn unique lessons. People will heal and awaken when their respective souls choose to do so.
But for those of us on the Reiki path, the Master Degree holds the potential for us to master our own selves, that is, to move towards enlightenment. The symbol Dai Ko Myo means “Great Shining Light” or “Great Enlightenment.” An enlightened person is not someone who is egoistic. On the contrary, he is one who is completely devoid of the Ego and who has awakened to his true self. Self mastery is not something to feel proud about in the egoistic sense. It is our natural state. We just have to wake up and see it. In Reiki terms, it is less about doing Reiki and more about being Reiki.
As Reiki healers, in what easier way can we awaken than with Reiki?
Does everyone who is attuned to the Master Degree awaken? Not necessarily. When people who have done the Master Degree find it hard to awaken, it is most likely because:
- They did it before they were ready for it.
- They do not practise Reiki regularly. Just getting attuned is not enough. We need to be in constant touch with Reiki in order to receive all its benefits.
- They have a different path that we may not understand.
If you have done the Master Degree, please be aware that you are seated on a treasure chest, with loads of treasure waiting to be discovered. Open it and enjoy it. It is all yours. Allow Reiki to help you detach from the ego and to open your heart to love. Discover the wisdom hidden inside you and enjoy true power. The third degree attunement gives you the key to finding the Master within you. There is no other Master who can save you. All teachers can only lead you up to the door. But you must open it yourself and discover what lies behind. This is the essence of being a Reiki Master.
And for first and second degree practitioners, I hope you feel inspired to consider moving up to the Master Degree! With Reiki acting as your guiding light, you are guaranteed to find more light at the end of the tunnel.
Love and Peace
Haripriya is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at email@example.com and Angel Light on Facebook.