Article by Justine Melton
One of my favorite things to incorporate these days into my Reiki practice is color work. Each chakra has a different color associated with it that can be tapped into during a healing session. Colors can provide a huge relief for a client in a guided meditation and help them to open up more to healing in an alternative way. It can be hard sometimes for people to visualize things and to get into a meditative mode. Colors are so basic and simple and yet have so much complexity with what they are able to offer your client during a healing session. Almost everyone can visualize a basic color. It is a great way to get a client started seeing past what is right in front of them and guiding them into the Reiki world of healing.
One of my favorite colors to use is the color purple. It is the color of the crown chakra and is the color of the Divine and of Spirit. It is known for having incredible abilities with soothing pain. It is able to help heal, cleanse and soothe the soul all at the same time. Allow yourself to be introduced to the healing properties of this color and pass the benefits onto friends and clients. The possibilities of what you can do with this color and your own practice are endless.
Here is a Guided Purple Rain Meditation done with Reiki:
- Clear your meditative space with your favorite Reiki symbols.
- Light a purple or white candle.
- Turn on some soft music or a recording with peaceful nature sounds. If possible use one with a gentle rain storm in the background. I have found that listening to a recording of rain during this meditation can really bring on some extra amazing results.
- Make whatever Reiki symbols you feel guided to use in front of you or on yourself. I like to make one big Master symbol and one big Sei He Ki on myself.
- Picture a big ball of white light radiating positivity and goodness in front of you. The ball grows bigger and bigger until it bursts and immediately clears the entire room of anything dark that may be lingering.
- Imagine that room is now filled with purple light. It is loving. It is healing. It is here to cleanse and soothe your soul.
- Imagine that purple rain drops start falling from the ceiling of your room or from the top of the space that you are in. You feel the rain drops hitting your skin and running down your body. Imagine that these drops of purple are washing away anything that is troubling you and are soothing you at the same time. Sit in this space for 10-20 minutes.
- Notice any situations, thoughts or symbols that come to mind. They could be signs for you. If they are troubling acknowledge them, thank them for the lesson they brought you and then let them be washed away.
- Give thanks for the healing you just received and ground yourself by drawing the grounding symbol you were taught over your stomach and both feet.
Wishing you all love and light.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/SoulRenew