Group meditation sessions provide such wonderful access to supporting clients in their meditation practice, especially those who are new to it. In many Western societies and healing practices, the dynamics and support of the community created in a group setting are significantly undervalued. In Shamanic practices, healing is more often than not a community effort instead of a one-on-one healing practice. I have found immense value in supporting my clients both on an individual and a community basis. One of these group practices is our monthly Full Moon group meditation sessions.
For the purpose of the upcoming Full Moon meditation, I have chosen Rose Quartz due to its beautiful healing energy through unconditional love. You can use any other crystal that would be appropriate to support the intention of your Full Moon Meditation.
What I would like to provide in this article is an outline and script for a guided group Full Moon meditation, supported by the use of Rose Quartz crystals. It can be used as is or adapted for your specific needs.
Preparing For Your Full Moon Meditation:
- The evening prior to the Full Moon meditation: Cleanse and clear your Rose Quartz crystals and charge them overnight in the pre-full moonlight. I make use of Rose Quartz tumble stone, ensuring that there would be one crystal for each participant in the group meditation.
- On the day of the Full Moon meditation: Programme the Rose Quartz crystals in accordance with the intention of the upcoming Full Moon meditation, taking note that a Full Moon is a good time to…
- Break free from anything that is preventing your light from shining brightly and powerfully.
- Declutter and lighten your load to elevate your consciousness.
- Heal childhood traumas and repeating dysfunctional patterns from the past.
- Find a balance between logic and emotions – between your mind and your heart.
- Continue your focus on your growth.
- Cleanse the space where the group meditation will take place and invoke any of the Reiki symbols that you are guided to do, creating a sacred and healed space. This can be further supported with burning incense, lighting candles, and playing background music appropriate to the intended meditation.
- Just prior to starting the Group Full Moon meditation, allow each participant to choose a Rose Quartz crystal. Ask them to hold or rest their crystal in their left hand during the course of the meditation – left signifying receiving the healing energy from the Rose Quartz crystal infused with Full Moon energy.
Listen to the “Full Moon Meditation with Rose Quartz”
Full Moon Meditation Script
With your Rose Quartz crystal in your left hand, and closing your eyes, take a few slow and deep breaths in… and out…
Take a moment to think about what aspects of your life you would like to heal. What would you like to break free from? What it is that you would like to manifest in your life – your personal growth, your career, your family?
Become aware, yet comfortable with the space around you and your connection with the group around you… and bring your attention to the Rose Quartz in your hand. Notice how safe, protected, and supported you feel.
Now, become aware of your entire body. Feel your body weight on the floor or chair on which you are sitting. And feel the position of your hands as they rest in your lap or by your sides. If you need to make any adjustments in your body posture to become more comfortable, do that now.
Continue to inhale… and exhale. Follow your breath in… and out… Relaxing your face and jaw as you do so. Let all the muscles in your body relax. And let go of all the worries and tasks that have been holding you down.
Be in the moment. In the here and the now. And let go of all thoughts… all stress… all tension…
And as you gently breathe in… and out… become aware of the moon… the Full Moon. And place your trust in the glowing light and powerful energy emanated by this Full Moon to guide you this evening.
Now, I would like you to imagine a powerful white and silver beam shining down from the Full Moon on the top of your head. Allow your entire being to become soaked up by the pure and serene energy of this loving light. And affirm to yourself “With this Full Moon, I bring myself into a state of balance, aligning mind, body, and soul. I am cleansed. I am free. I am light. I am me.”
And gently let your mind wander, thinking of what you want to let go of.
- The people you would like to forgive.
- All that weighs heavy on your shoulders.
- All that burdens your mind and your heart.
- All that dampens your mood and your spirit.
- All that worries you.
- All that stresses you.
- All that keeps you up at night.
- All the guilt and the pain.
- Everything that weakens your soul.
And with this Full Moon, you know that you no longer need to carry any of these burdens.
And now, take a deep breath in. And on an exhale deep from your belly, release all of these burdens to be cleared and transmuted. Release it under the light of this sacred and magical Full Moon, affirming “I no longer need what does not serve or empower me.”
You can take another deep breath and, on the exhale, release… And imagine all these burdens, heaviness, worries, outdated habits, thoughts, behaviours, and people being released. Release all unworthiness, doubt, resentment, judgment, fear, and anger. Release all envy and comparisons, relationships that no longer serve you, and toxic people and situations.
And imagine each of these being released from your life and getting absorbed by the light of the Full Moon. And through its powerful deep-cleansing energy, this Full Moon transmutes all your burdens and heaviness, dissipating it into the powerful light of this beautiful Full Moon to become healed and loving energy that merges with the light of the Full Moon.
And as you let go, feel how light and relaxed you are. You feel rejuvenated, unburdened, and free.
And feel the beautiful light and healing energy of the Full Moon settling in your heart space. It heals you. And the healing from the Full moon that you are feeling is amplified by the crystal in your hand.
And now, as I leave you here in meditation for a short while, within the safety and the love and the light of this beautiful Full Moon, supported by the healing of the crystal in your hand, I would like you to affirm…
- I am tremendously blessed.
- Me heart is glowing with ethereal light.
- I am at the centre of a miracle.
- Every part of my soul is being transformed.
- I am headed in the direction of my dreams.
- I am following a divine and abundant path.
- I am reaching an entirely new level of inner peace.
- My spirit is blossoming.
- I am attracting the best of what has to offer me.
- Blessings are constantly coming my way.
ALLOW 5 – 15 MINUTES OF MEDITATION
And now, bringing your attention back to your breath, you have a deep sense of peace and bliss, knowing that there is much that you have released.
You have a deep sense of gratitude for the guidance you received on this Full Moon.
And breathing in… and out… and with great gratitude, you become aware of your surroundings, your physical body, and the sense of serenity and peace within.
And when you feel ready, you may open your eyes.
I usually allow for a feedback session after the meditation should anyone of the participants wish to share. With me continuing to hold space, many find the connection and support from the group healing and encouraging, remembering what it like to have a sense of being part of a tribe… their Soul Tribe.
Also, remind the participants to connect with their Rose Quartz crystal at any time to tap into its healing energy and remind them of the affirmations of the Full Moon meditation.
Many blessings to all on this Full Moon!
Article by Thea van der Merwe, Ph.D.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Thea van der Merwe, Ph. D. is a nationally and internationally trained holistic energy, certified and experienced Master Reiki Practitioner, qualified in Usui Reiki, Reijukido, Karuna® Reiki, Karuna Ki Reiki, Crystal Reiki, and Gendai Reiki. She obtained the title of Shihan (full master/teacher), the highest level in Gendai Reiki Ho. Besides her greatest passion which is Reiki, Thea is also a spiritual shaman, healer, and teacher, offering readings as a way of accessing spiritual guidance. Her journey of personal discovery, growth, and healing started back in 2005 when she was personally in need of healing and searching for something more than what conventional medicine and therapy could provide. Thea is currently nationally and internationally registered with the South African Reiki Masters Association and The Reiki Healing Association respectively – both professional associations for the local and global Reiki communities, working to promote the wide-reaching practice and healing effects of Reiki throughout the world and where the primary philosophy is that together, we can do so much more. You can get into contact with Thea van der Merwe at viterra.co.za, which is her website, and at facebook.com/viterrahealing on Facebook.