Hypothyroidism is one of the most common endocrine disorders in the modern world. It affects men, women and even children. It is a roller-coaster ride to suffer from hypothyroidism because it greatly affects the overall quality of life by influencing several functions in the body. It results in several issues like weight gain, fatigue, mood swings, dry skin, poor memory, thinning hair, brittle nails, etc.
Hypothyroidism happens because of the body’s inability to produce a sufficient amount of thyroid hormones (T3 and T4) or the inability to convert T4 to T3 or because of your own antibodies that target the thyroid gland (as in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis). The conventional treatment includes administration of thyroid medication which is not effective for or well tolerated by every patient. For some, it has severe side effects when taken in the long-term. Therefore we need to resolve the problem at the energetic level to uproot it for keeps and reduce the dependency on medications. In this regard, Reiki works incredibly well to accelerate the healing process and enhance the overall quality of life.
At the energetic level, the thyroid abnormalities are caused by an imbalance or blockage of the Throat chakra. The Throat chakra is the seat of self-expression and communication, forming the interface between the heart and the head – like a mediator between emotions and the logic. When your Throat chakra is balanced, you are able to express yourself clearly and authentically, without being harsh or overcritical, however, the reverse happens when the Throat chakra becomes blocked or imbalanced.
Here are my recommendations on how to realign your Throat chakra in order to restore thyroid health
- Yoga and chanting: Chanting, singing and reading aloud are very simple yet effective ways to open the Throat chakra. Several breathing exercises (e.g. bee breathing and lion’s breath) and yogic postures are also immensely useful in this context.
- Sound healing: Listen to singing bowls, or forks because sounds influence us at the vibrational level. It helps to purify the Throat chakra.
- Reiki: Reiki helps to unblock all the chakras, including the Throat chakra restoring balance and health.
- Essential oils: Essential oils vibrate at a high frequency and therefore alter and raise our frequency, affecting both mental and physical states. So you may use lemongrass, myrrh or frankincense oil to unlock your throat chakra, restoring thyroid function. You may like to use them in an oil diffuser (aromatherapy) or rub them on your throat.
- Breathing: Breathing correctly helps to heal the thyroid chakra very quickly. It is important to breathe deep and through the abdomen (as I detailed in one of my previous articles titled ‘Reiki and Breath Therapy In the Wake of a Pandemic’).
- Affirmations: The repetition of affirmations sets the intention to break previously existing subconscious patterns and create new healthy ones. You may craft your own affirmations like the ones listed below:
● I communicate effectively and easily.
● I know when it is time to listen.
● I set my boundaries clearly.
● I love to share my insights and I do it with ease.
● I listen to my body and understand my feelings.
Know that your body has an incredible self-healing capacity. Nature created it that way, but we need to do our bit to allow that healing to happen. I have had several clients who reversed their hypothyroid condition completely with help of holistic healing and are now thriving without depending on any kind of medication. The key is to take charge of your health now, and pursue it with dedication and commitment.
Love and light
Article by Dr. Jayashree Ramana
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Dr. Jayashree Ramana is a scientist and nutritionist. She uses Reiki healing as a part of her holistic healing program.
She is Usui Reiki Grand Master and practices Usui Reiki, Karuna Reiki, Crystal healing, Lama fera, Magnified healing, Emotional Freedom Technique(EFT), acupressure, etc. She is a fitness enthusiast and helps people achieve optimal levels of wellness by amalgamating physical measures including nutrition and exercise along with various alternative therapies. Her vision is to empower people and help them tap into their individual power while simultaneously creating a life of abundance and joy.
She is working as Senior Information Scientist at International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology. She was formerly a university professor and scientist in the field of Biotechnology for a decade. Her own personal transformation with reiki sparked her passion for metaphysical sciences and this led her to found ‘The Healing Soul’.
Get in touch with Dr. Jayashree Ramana through her website www.thehealingsoul.in or you may reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her youtube channel is www.youtube.com/c/DrJayashreeRamana.