Article by Rene Mic
Dear friends, today’s article is about a term that most of us are aware of. It has become a lot more prevalent these days. Name is “Hypothyroidism”. Yes. Today’s topic is all about Hypothyroidism.
First let’s try to know what Hypothyroidism is, what are the symptoms and related information about it.
Hypothyroidism is a dis-ease which is defined as underactive or low thyroid. When the endocrine system does not produce enough thyroid hormone it causes Hypothyroidism. And it affects women, men, and children as well. Some of the common symptoms are weight gain, fatigue, depression, mood swings, sensitivity towards cold, heavy menstrual flow, infertility, poor memory, slow heart rate, hair loss, skin dryness, constipation, and loss of appetite.
Thyroid hormone regulates metabolism and if thyroxine levels are low, a lot of body functions slow down. If develops in children or teenagers, it may cause poor growth, delayed puberty, poor mental development, etc.
The location of the thyroid gland is neck and so is Throat chakra. Throat chakra the fifth chakra is also known as Vissudha Chakra (in Sanskrit) is located in the region of neck and shoulder. Associated colour with the chakra is blue. Seed sound (Beej Mantra) is “Ham”.
Since it is the communication centre of the body it allows us to express ourselves in a better and effective way. It makes us a good listener as well. If there is a blockage in Throat chakra it makes us fearful, shy, stubborn and anxious. Some physical symptoms caused due to blockage in Throat chakra are Thyroid issues, sore throat, neck pain, etc.
Hence blockage in Throat chakra is the major region of thyroid issues as we are not able to express ourselves to our near and dear ones. We want to speak a lot but there is no listener. And this creates a lot of unspoken words that are dumped deep within our heart. We feel guilty, we feel shy, and we are anxious and depressed due to these buried thoughts. And when we don’t express ourselves, we are not able to release our thoughts and emotions. We keep burden ourselves and creates some dreadful dis-ease, one of them is Hypothyroidism which we are discussing here.
Reiki is one of the best tools that I found useful to cure this dis-ease. Follow these tips for the next 30 days to activate your Throat chakra to ultimately cure the dis-ease.
Things you need:
- Essential Oil: Lavender
- Crystals: Lapiz Lazuli, Blue Agate (Either of them)
- Flowers: Any blue colour flowers you are drawn to (optional)
- Candles: Blue (Optional)
- Burn essential oil in a diffuser to create the ambiance for meditation.
- Wear some comfortable clothing and sit on the floor (preferably without mat).
- Keep flowers around you and burn the candle.
- Stare at the flame.
- Now focus on your breathing. Take a few deep breaths and focus on your Throat chakra.
- Make a sandwich of Reiki symbols (if you are attuned to the same) Cho-Ku-Rei, Sei-He-Ki, and Cho-Ku-Rei between your palms.
- Invoke mother Reiki and rub your palms till you feel the warmth.
- Now place your palms over your neck (at the location of Throat chakra).
- You may also chant the Beej Mantra i.e. “Ham”.
- Start visualising your fear, shame, guilt, anger, and unwanted emotions are melting slowly and coming out of your body in the form of tears and heat.
- Now let go of these emotions and thoughts as they no longer serve you.
- Be in this state for 5-10 minutes.
- Slowly open your eyes and send healing to your Heart and Root chakra.
- Express gratitude to mother Reiki. Do some grounding exercise and drink water.
Note: Don’t leave the candle unattended. Do not alter or stop your medications.
Love, Light, Gratitude
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Rene Mic is a Post Graduate and worked in corporate profile as an Administration Manager for over 10 years. She is a Reiki Master, Angels Practitioner, and Tarot Card Reader. She finds Reiki as the best gift of Divine that taught her to heal not only self and others. Reiki enables her to heal mother nature and its elements too. It connects her to his soul and mother earth as well. Her aim is to spread love and light to this planet for the well being of all. She resides in Delhi NCR, India. Her email ID is firstname.lastname@example.org