Article by Aparna Nanoti
These are the times when the entire world is experiencing panic and fear due to the new pandemic ‘CORONA VIRUS or COVID – 19’.
Every day the media is sharing new updates related to this and the virus seems to spread worldwide, affecting people physically and mentally.
Reiki is practiced and taught globally, hence it is important to follow medical advice and practice self-protection too.
Sharing some suggestions for our dear Reiki practitioners, teachers, students as it is very important to practices some guidelines for safety and well-being.
For Reiki practitioners and teachers attuned to Reiki level II:
- When you wake up, spend a few minutes in solitude and sit down.
- Sip some water and sit in the lotus position or on a chair comfortably.
- Sit upright and place your palms facing the sky on your thighs.
- For self-protection, draw the Cho Ku Rei symbol on your hands with your fingers.
- Raise your hands in the air and make a protective circle around yourself, chanting Cho Ku Rei as many times as you feel.
- You will be guided and know when you have to stop intuitively.
- Start your day with the protection around you.
- You can also give Reiki protection to your family, friends and everyone you are directed to.
Some of the most common and important steps that you must also take are:
- Wash your hands at least for 10 – 20 seconds with a handwash throughout the day. Maintain personal hygiene.
- It is advised to use an alcohol-based hand rub when you travel, get in contact with outside world or start and end your class or sessions.
- Ensure that your students and everyone who comes in contact have clean washed hands, by making an alcohol rub available at all times.
- As guided medically, it would be best to avoid shaking hands, rubbing your eyes, nose or mouth.
- If you notice anyone sneezing or feeling sick or complaining about fever, maintain a distance of at least 3 – 6 feet. Advise them to get medical help.
- Get in touch with your students to confirm if they are feeling well and will be able to attend the session.
- Alternatively, give them the option of postponing/cancel the session as required.
- Know all the details of your medical health center or physician for regular medical updates.
- Finally, if any cases have been reported in your vicinity, it would be advisable to postpone classes to a future date for the highest good.
Please keep in mind and note that:
- These are only views shared by the author.
- This is not an alternative for any medical therapy or medications that you are currently advised.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Aparna Nanoti is a software professional with an experience of 18 years in the IT industry. During the last couple of years, she realized she has a strong inclination towards Holistic healing. This urge for knowledge drove her to learn and practice Reiki Healing and Tarot Card reading. She is a Tarot and Angel card reader, Zibu Symbol & Switch word Advisor, Reiki Master, Spiritual Writer, Motivational Coach and Speaker. Her aim in life is to nurture and nourish lives that she touches with enthusiasm for living. For all your questions, you can reach Aparna on firstname.lastname@example.org or through her Facebook page at facebook.com/SeekYourGuidance