Article by Rinku Patel
The Sanskrit name of Third-Eye chakra is Ajna chakra. It is known as the “Gateway to Enlightenment”. It defines our abilities to perceive the world as it is, helps us see the true face of the people we interact with, help us decide what is right and what is wrong, makes us take right decisions. It let you trust your gut instinct/intuition without doubting yourself. It also defines our ideas, dreams, thoughts, psychic abilities, and faith.
Signs of Balanced Third-Eye chakra – Clairvoyant, enhanced psychic abilities, trusting intuition, psychic awareness, good at visualisation, open-minded, focused, takes right decisions, follows ethics, have wider perspective towards all aspects of life, detect lies because of their intuitiveness, some can also see auras, spirit guides and angels.
Symptoms of Overactive Third-Eye chakra – Arrogant, delusional, hallucinations, fearful, belittle others, daydreams, unsympathetic, egoist, paranoid, live in a fantasy world, impatient, over-sensitive, over-thinking, over-imagination
Symptoms of Underactive Third-Eye chakra – Anxiety, attachment to past, always worrying, uncertainty, doesn’t trust intuition, apprehensive, resistance to changes and new ideas, envious, narrow-minded, fearful, lack of imagination, slow learner, memory problems, rigid, poor intuition, slow learner
Sanskrit name – Ajna chakra
Location – Center of the forehead between eyebrows
Color – Indigo
Archangel – Gabriel
Associated organs – Eyes, ears, nose, mouth, nervous system, lower brain, pineal gland, pituitary gland
Related diseases/issues – Allergies, amnesia, anxiety, blood circulation to head, blindness, brain tumor, cataracts, cancers, chronic tiredness, crossed eyes, deafness, dizziness, drugs, dyslexia, ent, ear-ache, fainting spells, glaucoma, growth issues, headaches, high blood pressure, hormonal imbalance, insomnia, left eye problem, long-sight, migraine, nervousness, nervous breakdowns, scalp problems short-sightedness, sinus problems, sty, tension, tension headaches, tiredness, tremor, visual effects, vomiting.
Crystals for Third-Eye chakra – Amethyst, kyanite, selenite, lapis lazuli, sapphire, sodalite, moonstone, sugilite, clear quartz, labradorite, unakite
Essential Oils for Third-Eye chakra – Sage, cypress, lavender, frankincense, patchouli, clary sage
Food for Third-Eye chakra – Eggplant, black current, blue-berries, grapes, purple cabbage, mint
Beej Mantra – OM
- I trust my intuition.
- I am in tune with the Universe.
Some simple ways to heal:
- Self-healing – Whenever you are doing self-healing, you can keep chanting OM or the affirmations. Or you can simply give Reiki to your Third-Eye chakra with the intention to unblock and balance the chakra.
- Distant healing – When you are healing others, set your intention to heal Third-Eye chakra and also you can chant affirmation on their behalf.
- Meditation – Meditate on Third-Eye chakra. Visualize a vibrant indigo ball spinning clockwise, absorbing all the blockages and transmuting it to divine positive energies to energise and balance your Third-Eye chakra.
- Crystal healing – Take any of the Third-Eye chakra stones and program it with its chakra affirmation, mantra or intention to balance Third-Eye chakra. Lie down and simply place the stone on Third-Eye chakra for 20 minutes or carry the stone around with you. Alternatively, you can give Reiki by hovering your hands over the chakra stones.
- Water – Hold a water bottle between palms. Set the intention to cleanse, activate and balance Third-Eye chakra. Chant Third-Eye chakra affirmation minimum 28 times while giving Reiki. You can even chant OM 108 times. Now you have a bottle filled with Third-Eye chakra affirmations and mantras. Consume the water.
- Simply chant – Chant the affirmations or mantra whenever you are free.
- Essential Oils – Dab a drop of any of the mentioned essential oil on Third-eye chakra.
- Food – Include any of the mentioned or any other food associated to Third-Eye chakra in your daily diet.
- Switchwords – DIVINE-WIND-BE-SLOW-QUIET-WINDMILL-OPEN-Serendipity-Kentucky Coffeetree
Chant the above switchwords 28 times thrice a day or you can even write anywhere on your body.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Rinku Patel is a Reiki Master Teacher, Doreen Virtue certified-Angel intuitive, Fairyologist, Realm Reader, Crystal healer, Angel card reader, and Indigo card reader. Other than that she is a Certified Tarot card reader and spiritual writer. Rinku can be reached via her email address email@example.com and on Facebook at Reiki The Miracle Healing