Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
Do you pay attention to your inner child?
Do you spend time with him/her and give him/her love and attention?
There is a child alive within each of us who needs love, care and pampering. This is the essence of the child we once were. All children need love and care. They have the need to feel safe and secure. When these basic needs of a child are not met, it has an impact on the child’s psyche. Each individual is different. So, it goes without saying, that different people are affected in different ways and in varying degrees. We also seemingly outgrow many childlike behavioural tendencies as we grow into adults. But that is often a learnt and controlled response rather than a wholesome transformation. The child essence continues to live on in us, no matter what our chronological age might be. And this essence can create positive or negative experiences in our lives, depending on how well we have nurtured it.
Some of the emotional turbulence we experience in life is related to the unhealed aspects of our inner child.
It is a good spiritual practice to stay connected with our inner child. Connecting with our inner child can help us heal many emotional wounds and childhood traumas.
As we know, Reiki helps us connect and heal over space and time. We also know that the angels love children and many children love angels! So, let us take the help of Reiki and the all loving angels to connect with the pure essence of the child within us.
Here is a quick meditation to help you connect with your beautiful inner child
- Take a few deep breaths and centre yourself.
- Express your gratitude to Reiki, to the angels, to your inner child and to your adult self.
- Place your palms over your Third Eye chakra and activate the flow of Reiki. Let the energy flow for a minute or so.
- Then place your palms over your Heart chakra and ask to be connected with your inner child. Wait until you see, feel or hear your inner child. You may see an image of your own self from childhood, you may energetically sense the essence of your inner child’s energy or you may hear a child’s voice/laughter. Trust the impressions you receive.
- Send love from your heart centre to your precious inner child. Also, request that hundreds of angels go to your inner child and envelop her/him in their love.
- As you send love, you may also send loving messages to your inner child. For instance, you can choose to say, “I love you”, “You are so precious”, “You are loved,” “You are safe,” “It is so wonderful to know you”; and anything on similar lines which comes from your heart.
- Ask your inner child what he or she most needs at the moment and listen carefully to the answer. The answer may change every time you connect. Sometimes, all your child would need is a reassuring hug, in which case you can hug yourself and envision your inner child receiving it. At other times, she may want some time to be carefree and happy (playtime), in which case you can take some time out to do things that make you feel carefree and happy (like children feel when playing). The important thing is to fulfill your promise later! You may also be led to recall some painful memories from your childhood. This is a signal from your inner child that you would benefit by healing those memories. If you can guide yourself, you can work on healing childhood issues independently. If not, you can always seek the help of a healer/therapist.
- When you have communicated enough and you sense that your inner child is content, visualise her safe and secure in the company of the loving angels. Express your gratitude to your inner child for being part of your life.
Young children bring freshness and vitality to life! The innocence and joy that is so natural to them are divine qualities. And we- the adult personalities- can always tap into these qualities by re-connecting with our own inner child. This inner child connection offers profound healing benefits. Let us keep the child in us alive!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at email@example.com and Angel Light on Facebook.