Article by Chanchal Gupta
Moon is the nearest planet to Earth. On new moon and full moon, the gravity of moon pulls the water in ocean resulting in low and high tides. It effects the human behavior, there are not much evidences given by scientists in the support but people always complain of mental and physical distress on New and Full Moon day. As all the living beings are made up of five elements, the water content of all the living beings is also pulled by moon’s gravity resulting in subtle changes in human behavior. All the cosmic bodies attribute subtle frequencies and effect each other at subtle levels. The frequencies emanating from moon affect the frequencies of human being as well as animals. On New Moon night the moon frequencies are passive and hence less activated minds or can says new minds like new moon. On full moon day the moon’s frequencies are active highly activated minds, the mind having complete awareness of his true self if on spiritual path.
Moon has its sixteen phases starting from new or no moon to full moon according to science. Night by night it increases in size and attains its complete shape on Full Moon night. Our mental body (mana) is similar to moon which is never constant in size goes on changing its size and can be compared to moons sixteen kalas. New Moon is considered as the state of unawareness of self, Agyan and Full Moon is considered as the state of complete knowledge of self, Gyan, Bodh.
If we go by Vedic Scriptures moon has its sixteen kalas named as follow:
- Annamaya (Food)
- Pranamaya (Breath)
- Manomaya (Mind)
- Vigyanamaya (Knowledge, Wisdom)
- Anandamaya (Bliss)
These five kalas (koshas) are but natural present in all human bodies. These are five etheric bodies.
- Atishayini (Peace)
- Viprinabhimi (Love)
- Sankramini (Creator)
- Prabhavi (Doer – able to do seemingly impossible tasks)
- Kunthini (Beyond pain or eternal)
- Vikasini (Great )
- Maryadini (Respect)
- Sanhaalaadini (Happiness)
- Aahlaadini (Delight)
- Paripurn (Complete knowledge of awakening)
- Swarupavsthith (Complete knowledge of real true self, bodh, gyan)
These are the sixteen lesson a soul has to learn and practice for enlightenment. A soul who gains all these sixteen qualities gets Moksh. A soul is a light and it goes back to enjoy the bliss of light being only and only it get complete knowledge of all these sixteen kalas (qualities). In Geeta it said Krishan was 16 kala sampooran.
New Moon Meditation
- Set the place for meditation. (if possible choose a place under the dark sky or near the window seeing the dark sky)
- Clean the space.
- Be in comfortable position.
- Play Om chant.
- Close eyes.
- Relax, deep breath in deep breath out sixteen times.
- Bring your consciousness to your Crown Chakra, to Third Eye, to eyes, to neck, to chest, to stomach, down to thighs, knees, feet, to fingers, to Earth. Release all the stress and tensions, pass it to mother earth.
- With closed eyes see the stars sparkling in sky. Feel the darkness. Feel the emptiness of sky. Feel the same emptiness inside. Feel the absence of moon in the sky and absence of thoughts (mind) in you.
- The New Moon is to set the intentions and to give a vision to life path. Set your intentions to acquire all the above qualities. Or intent whatever you want in material and physical. Invoke Reiki, the Sanjeevani, the life force. Call your Higher Self. Draw Om and all the Reiki symbols you are attuned to, on your body and all around. Embed the symbols.
- Speak your intentions loud. Repeat three times.
- Feel the love bubbling out from your body. Feel the peace of surrounding. Feel the divinity. Feel the bliss. Feel the happiness radiating out from anandmaya kosh. Feel the delight of being in the universe and creating immense good.
- Talk to your Inner Self, to your Higher Self.
- See the silver light emitting out from your body. Concentrate on the silver light around your body. Visualize your light moving up in the sky and has established there as a moon. Feel the warmth of moon you created from your light. See it falling on your body and making it sparkle like most shining star.
- Seal the energies of your aura with Cho Ku Rei, empower it by visualizing Aum.
- Rub your hands, give the energy to eyes. Open your eyes slowly.
OM MANI PADME HUM
Stay blessed ever!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Chanchal Gupta (M.Sc.) is a Reiki Master. She is a science teacher and also Masters in Mathematics. These days she is practicing, exploring and trying to connect every aspect of Reiki with science. She is from Chandigarh and lives in Hoshiarpur (Panjab) with a family of . Reach Chanchal at Reiki Miracles do happen on Facebook.