Article by João Antão Marques
During Reiki sessions it happened that, once in a while, there were clients, those who arrived with the energy system completely upside down, that at the end of the treatment still had some blocked or even inverted chakras.
The first time this happened, I cleaned the chakras, made some additional local treatments to ensure that, at the end, the client was leaving as balanced as possible.
One day, the same situation repeated with a girl and I started the cleaning/balancing procedure but, in the meantime, I had a hint to clean the Energy Channel instead and, so I did.
The results were excellent and the procedure was really very simple so, afterwards whenever a client presents a real abnormal energy situation, before the treatment I clean the Energy Channel and, if I sense the need to do it, I clean all the chakras too using the Koki Ho technique.
- Sit behind the client and hold his head in your hands, raising it a little bit (you can place his head over your thumbs with palm facing each other).
- Visualize his Energy Channel and try to assess the blockage points or Channel condition (depending on your visualization capacities, the EC may sometimes look like a dented pipe/tube, with dents at each chakra, the depth of dent indicating the level of blockage. In inverted chakras it may look like broken pipe/tube or like being filled with rocks. Also it may look as if large boulders have fallen from a cliff, thus blocking the way ).
- Blow into his Crown Chakra using the energetic blow (in very severe energy blockage and if the client has already received several Reiki treatments, you can use the violet blow using the same procedure as we use for attunements in Tibetan Reiki).
- Blow gently on his Crown Chakra for 10, 15 seconds and repeat three times.
- During this step, try to visualize the blockage sliding slowly away (sometimes, in case you visualize a pipe/tube, it will look like as if the pipe/tube is recovering its correct shape).
- Blow the Power Symbol through the Energy Channel and visualize it sliding downwards till it gets out of the body. Don’t forget to activate it, at each chakra.
- After performing the above procedure, check Chakra status using a pendulum or your intuition and/or visualize Energy Channel condition.
- If necessary repeat the procedure two or three times more, and assess Chakra status after each clean up step.
- If the client is already used to Reiki, you can also use the Fire Serpent, the Tibetan Master Symbol or the Usui Master Symbol to clean the Energy Channel or even a combination of them and Power Symbol, generally I finish with the Power Symbol.
- After the cleaning is complete, you will verify that chakras will look fine.
- After the Energy Channel is cleaned, proceed with the Reiki treatment as usual.
This procedure will take you a couple of minutes but in complicated situations it can take ten minutes or even more. The longest one took me almost fifteen minutes to complete.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
João Antão Marques, a retired chemical engineer, is an Usui Tibetan Reiki Master/teacher living in Lisbon, Portugal, with training in Jikiden Reiki, Karuna® Reiki and Seichim, Lotus Light Jewel, Tibetan Bowls Massage and Therapy of Past Lives. Works as a volunteer with elder people in a Daily Center of the Portuguese Red Cross and has also worked with drugs and alcohol addicted. Recently undertook a study of the effects of Reiki in people affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis. João can be reached by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.