Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
As we go about our lives, we form energetic cords with various people and situations. These cords keep us confined to unhealthy patterns that rob us of precious energy. We may have formed several cords over years (and lifetimes) without any awareness that we were doing this. But hereafter, we can choose to pay attention the minute we become aware that we are forming cords and nip it in the bud. Prevention is always better than cure.
Cord cutting is a powerful tool used by energy healers to chop off energy draining cords. It can be a rather intense experience and you may benefit by taking the assistance of your Reiki Guides and Archangel Michael during the process. It can be used to cut cords that have been around for eons of time and also to cut cords that are just beginning to grow. In case of cords that have been present for long periods of time, it might take several attempts before all cords are cut. Subsequently, the cords may grow back if there is something more that needs to be healed. So, keep working at it and always follow your inner guidance about how you must go about it. The following procedure only offers basic guidelines on cord cutting. It does not work the same way for everyone or even every time for the same individual. Use this as a reference but always remember to go with the flow and modify it as per how your process unfolds.
- Purify your healing space by burning some incense and drawing the Reiki symbols on the walls and everywhere else that you feel guided to.
- Light a white or violet coloured candle. Play some soothing music if you wish.
- Sit before the candle and look into its light for two minutes. This light represents the truth of your Being- your Higher Self. Let your Higher Self be your guide as you embark on this process of healing.
- In this meditative space, make a request as follows: “My Dear Reiki Guide and Archangel Michael, please come to me now and assist me with this process of cord cutting and healing. Thank you.”
- Wait until you sense the energy of the Higher Beings by your side. Trust the impressions you receive.
- Now focus your attention on the person (or situation) with which you have cords attached. Feel any emotions that come up. Feel it as intensely as you need to. You are safe and protected in the light of the Higher Beings and your own Higher Self.
- Take a moment to locate that part of your body from which you sense these cords stemming. They are very often found stemming from the heart, solar plexus and third eye chakra. But they can be found in other areas as well. You may also find them stemming from multiple areas, in which case you will notice multiple cords. You must trust all the impressions you receive without stopping to analyse them logically.
- Put out your dominant hand out and ask your Reiki guide to bless it. Visualise your hand turning into an energetic Reiki sword. You may also draw the symbols on the sword. And use it to chop off the energy cords that you previously located. As each cord is cut, visualise or intend that it drops into the light of the candle or to the ground and transforms into light.
- Go slow and take the time to cut each cord that shows up. As you cut, you may find that more cords emerge. Continue to cut them. If you begin to feel overwhelmed, take a break, drink some water and request Michael to step in for you.
- Lie still and allow Michael to chop off the remainder of the cords with his own energy sword. This is a deeply healing experience. As the cords are cut, you may also get a sense of how the cords feel. Some cords feel sticky, while others feel slushy. Some feel dense, while others feel like threads.
- As the cords are cut, you are likely to feel various bodily sensations. You may also feel a sense of relief, relaxed, emotional etc.
- For the final few cords, it would be good for you to get back in action again. Use your Reiki sword of light to chop them off and let them all go.
- Now lie still for a few minutes and request your Reiki Guide and Archangel Michael to fill you up with divine healing energy. You may also request several guides and angels to work on you and to heal the areas that were most affected by these cords.
- Finally, express your gratitude to Reiki, your Reiki guide, Michael and to everything and everyone else who facilitated this healing for you.
- Give yourself a pat on the back for having made an empowering choice in life.
- Drink lots of water, relax and enjoy the feelings of freedom and liberation that this exercise brings!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer and Starseed Lightworker. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is deeply connected with the Stars and Angels and they form an integral part of her Reiki practice. Her core mission is to help bridge the worlds of Spirit and Science and to help Lightworkers connect with their unique soul missions. Haripriya offers Personalised Starseed Transmissions, apart from workshops in Reiki and Angel Healing. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at lightworkersonearth.com, whenspiritmeetsscience.com on email at email@example.com and on Facebook at Angel Light.