The word ‘Karma’ carries with it a negative connotation. It is often associated with suffering and pain. Many view it as a kind of punishment for their misdeeds. Some also believe that this punishment is imposed by God or a higher power who decides what is right and what is wrong. Many children are frightened into believing that if they do not comply, God will punish them for being bad. This belief is taken as truth and causes deep rooted fear.
And then there is the parallel belief that the more good one does, the more good karma he or she accumulates. It is believed that good karma is rewarded while bad karma invites punishment.
Karmic principles and laws are valid but they are not something to fear or to be taken literally. There is no one up there who is judging every thought, word and action of ours and making a note of how we must be punished for our so called sins.
We Create our Own Reality
We create our karma. Period.
Though it does not appear so, the deepest truth is that we have been creating our own reality since the beginning of time. We have operated from a state of non-awareness for eons of time, which may amount to several incarnations for many of us. In every incarnation of ours (including the present one), we have created karmic patterns, some positive and some negative. This was created by our relationship with our selves, with others and with the whole of existence. It is not always easy to accept that we create our own reality, especially when faced with issues like severe illness, abuse or something else that happened to us for no seeming fault of ours. However, with power comes responsibility and there is no easy way out. If we take responsibility for our lives, we also receive the power to heal karmic issues. If we choose to blame others, we give our power away and continue to remain stuck in karmic loops.
Karma can be of varied kinds such as:
- Individual Karma – This is karma that is limited to an individual. It can show up as struggles with health, relationships, finances and the like.
- Collective Karma – When a group of related or unrelated people share a similar issue, they are said to be recipients of collective karma. Victims of war, accidents and other unfortunate group incidents fall into this category.
- Ancestral Karma – This is where patterns are passed on from generation to generation. Genetic illnesses, early deaths, frequent miscarriages, abuse, violence, dysfunctional relationships and the like fall into this category.
Every karmic experience has a lesson in store for us. Once we learn the lesson, the pattern drops away of its own accord and the karma is healed. This is easier said than done as it can be mind boggling to analyse the dynamics of karma. However, in order to heal karma, it is not necessary to know what happened in each of our lifetimes or even to ponder over everything that happened in our current lifetime.
People often wonder if Reiki helps with karmic healing. The good news is that it most certainly does. It is not necessary for us to do anything special in order to heal karmic issues with Reiki. All it needs is that we surrender to the energy of Reiki and then go with the flow.
It is important to remember that once we heal, we break free from the respective karmic cycle. It is not necessary that every other person who is karmically involved with us must also heal at the same time.
How Reiki Helps with Karmic Issues
- The Reiki attunement opens us up and we invite more divine energy to flow through our bodies. This contact with Reiki increases our awareness quotient. We become aware of self limiting patterns in our lives, which is the first and most important step towards healing karmic patterns.
- Reiki heals at the cellular level and goes right to the root cause of every issue. It brings up hidden patterns and memories that need healing from across space and time. It gives us opportunities to heal past life issues, without always having to be aware of what exactly happened.
- If we need to see some past lives in order for karmic healing to occur, Reiki helps even with that. It leads us to the right resources and teachers who may help us go back in time and heal.
- Some amount of karmic healing automatically happens after being attuned to each level of Reiki. By the time one reaches the Master Level, one can expect to have healed plenty of individual karma. Karmic healing can continue even after the Master Level but that is often tailored to healing oneself for a global cause or a larger purpose.
- Reiki also invites Divine grace into our lives. Often, a touch of divine grace can help ease the process of karmic healing and reduce the number of bumps on the road.
- In cases of ancestral karma, by choosing to heal ourselves, we also contribute to healing our family tree. Our decision to heal an unhealthy pattern can bring healing to many generations before and after us.
We have all chosen to make Reiki a part of our lives. So, let us surrender to the energy and allow it to lead us. Let the energy lead us right back to our own inner light, where we finally discover that all karma is of our own doing. So we may then wake up from our dream, whole and healed. And possibly enjoy a hearty laugh at the end of it!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at email@example.com and Angel Light on Facebook.