2012 was a significant year for Planet Earth. It witnessed the opening of a divine portal through which energies of love and light began to permeate the Earth on a much larger scale than before. These energies are causing a gradual but powerful transformation on various levels of Earth’s functioning.
People are slowly waking up to the reality of who they are. It’s almost like we are being born all over again. This process is commonly referred to as Ascension in New Age circles. Karmic healing is being accelerated. The body and mind are adapting to new ways of looking at life. The wisdom of the soul is being discovered. You may have heard the term lightworker. A lightworker is one who leads the way out of darkness and shows the path towards light. A lightworker is one who helps raise the consciousness of the human race. As a Reiki healer, you just might be a lightworker in disguise! Reiki is healing energy of a very high vibration. It is sheer grace that all of us are channels of this beautiful energy through which we can help heal the Earth and its people.
As more light floods the Earth, lightworkers are among the first ones to be affected. Some of us have chosen to heal ourselves alongside helping on a global level. Some of us have volunteered to go through pain and suffering only so that we can then help other humans. If that rings a bell, you may be getting closer to discovering your path. As we adapt to new ways of being, many of us experience physical discomfort, mental-emotional trauma and go through several life changes that ultimately bring blessings.
The changes that happen are dependent on each person’s energy field and the lessons he or she has chosen for this lifetime. Based on my personal experience and the experiences of my clients and healer friends, I have put together a list of symptoms that may be experienced as we ascend and raise our light quotients.
As the body receives higher volumes of light, it must adapt to vibrating at higher frequencies than before. This process can cause physical discomfort and symptoms of varied kinds. Some common ones include:
- Discomfort in the heart chakra. This can include mild pain, heart palpitations and a feeling of immense pressure in the heart area. It can often feel like the heart is being pushed out of the chest.
- Pressure in the head, hazy vision, light headedness.
- Reddish or pinkish eyes.
- Less tolerance to unhealthy foods. Increased abdominal discomfort.
- Feelings of electrical energy running up and down the legs, spine and possibly even other areas of the body.
- Skin changes, appearance of rashes and allergic tendencies.
- Fatigue and less physical energy.
- Altered sleep patterns- needing less or more sleep than usual.
- Protein and other food cravings.
- Frequent thirst.
- Lack of hunger or excessive hunger.
- Heightened sensitivity to noise, sounds, crowds and energies of people.
- Less tolerance for people and situations of a lower vibration.
- Angry outbursts, especially at the people close to us.
- Agitation and restlessness.
- Need to cry.
- Emergence of old pain buried in the energy field.
- Less appeal for mechanical work and a longing to do work that fulfils the soul.
- Relationship changes. People that don’t serve our growth make an exit and those that do serve our growth come in.
- Increased need for time to rest, contemplate and be by ourselves.
- A longing to serve, help, heal and teach.
Blessing in Disguise
If you are going through such changes, do not despair or panic. The physical and mental-emotional symptoms of ascension are not an indicator of illness. These symptoms are normal and will ease with time. Though uncomfortable on the surface, they are necessary in order to help rewire the body and its energies. They are a blessing.
Ascension symptoms often mimic the symptoms of actual illness and they appear in cycles. You may experience them for some days and then feel good for a few days. And then they resurface. This cycle can go on for many weeks, months and even years. However, when they do surface, you will have a deep knowing that it is to do with your body processing higher energies. Of course, you must take responsibility for your well being and listen to the body. So, if you aren’t sure about the nature of the symptoms, feel free to consult a medical professional and have them evaluated.
Tips to Cope
- Listen to your body– Slow down and rest if you must. Eat and drink as per your body’s needs in each moment and do away with your usual routine if necessary. It is common to need more water than usual. This is beneficial as water helps flush out toxins from the system.
- Reiki practice and Angels– The beauty of Reiki is that it is gentle and powerful at the same time. Daily practice can help you cope with the symptoms better. While you practise, request Reiki and the Angels to ease your symptoms and to help you feel comfortable.
- Trust Inner Guidance– Sometime back, I was in the midst of such a cycle and had to cope with varied symptoms. I tried all sorts of things to feel better but nothing helped. The discomfort got worse and I prayed for help. I received guidance that I must sit outdoors in the sun. I did as instructed and allowed the sun to wash over me. The discomfort vanished within minutes of exposure to the sun’s energy. This was soon followed by an episode of cold and sore throat which was the body’s way of releasing toxins from my system. This is just an example of what it means to trust your inner guidance. True inner guidance feels safe and loving and asks you to do simple practical things.
Lightworkers have an important mission to fulfil. Plenty of help is available to help us cope with all the changes that we must go through. Plenty of love and support is available to help us heal ourselves first so that we may then help others heal. There are loads of Spiritual Guides, Reiki Guides, Angels and Archangels on Earth at this point. Their mission is to help raise the frequency of Earth and take it closer to the light. They are eager to help those of us fulfilling the same mission in human form. We just have to ASK!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at firstname.lastname@example.org and Angel Light on Facebook.