Article by Justine Melton
Hi Friends. I have received a lot of questions from people saying that they have been gifted with all sorts of abilities (psychic and spiritual) that allows them to give their Reiki clients extra help but that they have a lot of fear from these same abilities. Because of this they do not perform Reiki much and are shying away from a healing art they have a passion for and are gifted at. I will start by saying that I can relate on so many different levels to all of you. I too used to have a lot of fear. I went from a place of constant fear and little self-love to a place of strength and believing that love is the greatest healing energy. I think it is only fair that I share some of my own experiences so that you can see how I have gotten to where I am today. I will also share the methods I used to let go of my fear at the end of this article.
Growing is not always an easy process and it was by no means easy for me. I would equate it to the saying about the butterfly, “Everyone stares at the beauty of the butterfly but few acknowledge the metamorphosis it took to get there.” I was born with several extra sensory abilities. While I am not a psychic medium who gives readings with departed loved ones I do have many similar gifts and use them in my own healing practice. Until the last few years of my life I was terrified of these abilities. As a child I used to see spirits in my room at night and sense when darker energies were around. I can remember routinely covering myself in a blanket so that I looked similar to a ghost myself and running out of my bedroom on almost a nightly basis. At the time I thought (or hoped) that if I couldn’t see or sense the spirits and energy under this blanket then they couldn’t see me!
This sort of thing went on my entire life. Everywhere I lived were in locations that others would term haunted. I was not accepting of this and just chose to believe that it was a coincidence that every house I lived in, in multiple cities and states across the U.S. happened to be haunted. Also, that every friend and family member’s house was haunted as well when I spent the night. I would ignore things like water turning on by itself, doors opening and closing, locks locking and unlocking, lights going on and off, extreme temperature changes, etc.. I was also ignoring how unhappy I was in my life and how I did everything for everyone around me and not one thing for myself.
There finally came a day when things escalated so much at the location I was living at with my then husband at the time that we were both unable to sleep. The activity was also affecting my children who would wake up seeing things in the middle of the night. My then husband was set to deploy for a year and I knew right then and there that I did NOT want to be left alone in that situation. I did a simple google search on my computer for someone that could do a basic house cleansing. It was there that I came across a woman named Lynn Troop who would forever change my life.
Lynn came over the day after I contacted her and cleansed my home. She picked up on the fact that I had abilities and asked me why I had been blocking them and ignoring all of the activity around me. She also picked up that I felt like a sinking ship, had a lot of anxiety, was in a loveless marriage and had little self-love left. She herself was a Reiki Master and used Reiki to help cleanse my home. I was instantly drawn to Reiki and wanted to learn everything about it. I was in Lynn’s next Reiki class and my world changed. I had so much fear to let go of and a heart chakra that I had been told had never felt much self -love before. I was a huge work in progress. But I was quickly evolving and changing.
Things that I found to be the biggest comfort in helping to let go of the fear of my abilities:
- Holding different stones in my hand. Many different ones will work here. I had a special one that was composed of Moonstone, Quartz and Amathyst all in one stone. I also kept Rose Quartz with me all the time. An easy way to do this is to leave one stone in your purse and have another one on the nightstand by your bed.
- Daily self-reiki.
- Relaxing meditations that help you relax and let go of fear.
- Accepting my abilities.
- Keeping a journal of any messages I received each day for myself or others. Over time it helps build confidence and will also show you how far you’ve come.
- Flowing with the universe instead of against it. If you keep coming across blocks with something you want you may want to explore why or other options instead of ignoring the blocks and forging ahead like a bull in a china shop creating havoc.
- Practice, practice, practice with Reiki and any other abilities you have. Practice combining your abilities and allow yourself to receive feedback from what your specialized healings can give.
- Don’t ignore the fear or try to push it away. Acknowledge it and thank it for being there and trying to protect you and keep you safe from harm. Then tell it that it is no longer needed and send it on its way!
This process took a few years for me to complete. However, at the end of it all I was happier than I had ever been before, full of self-love, out of my loveless marriage and in a healthy romantic relationship, a Reiki Master, and rid of debilitating fear!
Wishing you all love and light.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.