Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
When we desire something deeply, we tend to get restless and desperate during the waiting period. We peep round the corner frequently to see if our desire has arrived yet. This kind of desperation builds an energy field of anxiety around our desire and causes its arrival to be delayed. Many of us wait for days, months and even years for some of our deepest desires to manifest. The longer the waiting period, the more desperate and doubtful we become.
The first thing to realise is that a long waiting period does not imply that our desires are not on the way. The manifestation of our desires may not always come about in ways that our mind expects them to or at the time we deem is right. It can come about in ways that we never thought of and in ways that are sometimes grander than what our mind can conceive.
When we desire something deeply, it is a sign that it is part of our life’s purpose on Earth. Our souls chose it even before we were born. We are the script writers of our lives and if we have chosen something, it will show up sooner or later.
This realisation in itself can help us feel empowered.
With experience, many of us know that this is true. Think of a dream of yours that manifested in ways that you never imagined. If you have not had such an experience, think of someone you know who had such an experience. If it can happen to them, it can happen to you as well, provided you allow it to.
Theoretically speaking, we understand all of this. But practically speaking, being enthusiastic when we experience delays and setbacks can be hard!
So, how can we empower ourselves as we wait for our deepest desires to manifest?
- By connecting with the magical aspect in us!
- By living like our dreams have already come true!
Remember when we were little and we could experience magic in life. We saw animals that could talk to us and fairies that could play with us! We had imaginary friends that our families knew nothing about. We lived in castles and woods that sprang purely from our imagination! And we cared little that none of it was present in physical reality. It was reality to us and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Wow! It makes me want to be a child again ☺
As children, we did this to have fun and live life. Not because we wanted to manifest worlds of wonder. However, if we can add this spirit of magic to our intentions, it can actually manifest our desires for us.
As you wait for your desires to manifest, nurture them with a sense of wonder and then let go completely. Don’t be concerned that it has not appeared in visible reality yet. Then sit back and watch the magic unfold!
‘Special Space’ Exercise
Bring out the child in you and try the following exercise with an open mind. Don’t bother if your mind tells you it’s silly or even if others at home laugh at you. It’s good to be silly and childlike at times!
- Pretend that your desire has already manifested. For this, create a special space that will hold the vibrations of your manifested desire. You could use a rack from your wardrobe or a suitable box- whatever is convenient works good. Place physical things that represent your desire in that space.
- For instance, if you are looking for a romantic partner, you can pretend that your partner is already in your life. Write a letter to your partner. What would you tell him or her if he or she was already in your life? Include all that in your letter and place it in your special space. You can also keep a photo frame that has your picture and a sketch of your partner drawn by you. Keep hearts and flowers and anything else that symbolises love to you. Get creative and decorate the space. Make changes from time to time. Someone waiting to conceive or adopt a baby can keep things like a little dress, pictures of happy babies (or mother and baby) and other baby paraphernalia that appeals to them.
- The same process can be used for any of your desires. Remember to keep such things in your special place that help you connect with your desire. Visit this special place just once every day. Place a ball of Reiki infused with the symbols of your choice over it. Request this ball to stay there until you visit next. The next day, visit again and place another ball of Reiki over it. This is very powerful and keeps your special space positively charged throughout. Do not visit this special space more than once a day. Frequent visits will create a vibration of worry which serves no purpose.
- The next time you feel worried about your desire not manifesting, visualise your worry forming a ball of energy in your hand. Use your intention to creatively transform this ball of worry into a ball of Reiki and place it over your special space. Remember, worry blocks the manifestation of our desires. Instead, use the same energy to charge your desire with the power of Reiki.
Allow your imagination to run wild and have fun pretending that your desire is already yours. Because it is! Everything we desire is already stored as energy and exists as a possibility. It is up to us to use our power and manifest it into form. Do not worry about how or when it will manifest. Just have fun, use some magic and allow the Universe to bring it to you!
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at firstname.lastname@example.org and Angel Light on Facebook.