Everyone takes birth to fulfil a unique purpose. As you fulfil your purpose, not only do you satisfy your own soul, but you also contribute to the world in your own unique way.
A purpose is not necessarily (or always) a high profile job that pays you well.
Your life purpose basically includes anything and everything that feels close to your heart.
Some ideas that are close to your heart may seem silly to other people. Nevertheless, if something is close to your heart, it is certainly part of your life’s purpose.
Here are some examples of what constitutes a life purpose-
- Family life
- Conscious Parenting
- Pregnancy and Birth
- Adoption of a Child
- Arts- Painting, dance, music, theatre etc
- Teaching and Learning
- Spiritual Growth
- Health & Healing
- Fitness Coaching
- Self Growth
- Working at a job you like
- Food and Nutrition
- Social Service
- Animals and plants
You can keep adding to the list. Some points to keep in mind with regards to life purpose are as follows-
- There is no right or wrong life purpose.
- Any activity close to your heart and that you can joyously contribute to is part of your life purpose.
- Your life purpose can involve more than one activity. For instance, someone’s life purpose may involve healing work, marriage, pregnancy and birth and also adoption. This is perfectly possible.
- Some aspects of your life purpose can change with time. For example, you may be focused on learning and self growth for a few years in life. After some years, you may feel deeply inspired to teach all that you have learnt.
While some people are very well connected to their life purpose and know exactly what they wish to do, there are others who are confused about what their purpose is. And there are some others who feel absolutely lost and don’t even know what they would like to do. If you would like to find out more about your life purpose and connect with it, Reiki can help you.
Regular Reiki practice often gently leads us on to the path of our life purpose. Reiki has unique ways of achieving this goal. However, if you need additional help to manifest your life purpose, you can try the following exercises. The first exercise is for the people who are aware of their life purpose but feel stuck and the second one is for those who have absolutely no clue about their life purpose.
If you are well aware of your life purpose but feel stuck or unsupported, you can do the following exercise.
- Make a list of all that you feel is part of your life purpose.
- Go through the list and tick the ones in the list that can be worked on immediately.
- Write each of those ideas/thoughts in a journal.
- Draw the symbol CHO KU REI all around your writing. You can also draw any other symbol you resonate with for each idea.
- Get into visualisation mode. Feel all that you would feel once you are actively involved in your life purpose. For example, if your life purpose involves writing a book, feel all that you would as you write your book and as it goes on to get published subsequently. Feeling is powerful and adds a lot of energy to the process of manifestation.
- Read all that you have written and as you read, run Reiki into the pages. Use your palms, beam it with your third eye or just request Reiki to flood the pages and surround your writing with its light.
- Put your journal away in a safe place, until next time.
You can do this exercise as many times as you wish to. Writing is very powerful and it is perfectly fine to write the same things over and over if you feel like. Work at it till you start seeing results or receiving opportunities to fulfil your purpose. You may be guided by Reiki to take some action in order to manifest your purpose. If so, go ahead and take that action with trust.
If you have no clue about your life purpose and feel absolutely lost, the first thing to do is catch up with Reiki practice. Just practising Reiki on a daily basis makes everything in life a whole lot clearer and this includes your life purpose too. Feelings of being lost are replaced by feelings of confidence and self love. Your intuition becomes stronger and subsequently you begin to get glimpses into the dreams and desires that are part of your life purpose.
Apart from this, you can also write one page of the following sentence in your journal everyday- “I now open my heart to my life purpose. I am willing to see and welcome all those opportunities that will help me fulfil my purpose in this life.” Then follow steps 4 to 8 from the exercise above. Do this as many times as you wish to until you begin to get glimpses into all that your higher self has in store for you!
Discovering your life purpose and allowing it to unfold is a very fulfilling journey indeed! Allow Reiki to be your companion as you undertake this journey within. Many blessings to you as you travel this path of self discovery 🙂
Haripriya is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya at email@example.com and Angel Light on Facebook.